• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From extended to Benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I think the main difference is that flexible is seen as an hours thing only whereas agile means hot-desking, home-working, etc.
    I guess so. It also helps to sell something if it has a new name

Comment

Originally posted by Loofah View Post
      Yep. Extension all agreed then the US bean counters canned everything UK/EU Was a great role too, thoroughly enjoyed it
      sorry to hear that.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        sorry to hear that.
        Thanks, it's life as a contractor but when you get the roles you enjoy it's just a bit rougher! Now looking at nothing for a while...

Comment

Yep, just about to be extended, all agreed outside IR35, then bump. All projects ground to a halt and given two weeks notice.

Only to be expected, my only concern is outstanding invoices during this period!

Comment

I may be in the same boat.
            Contract has just been extended but been told that if London goes into lockdown then my project is paused and im done.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
              I may be in the same boat.
              Contract has just been extended but been told that if London goes into lockdown then my project is paused and im done.
              That’s as useful as a

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

So my dilemma

Still waiting on confirmation but if my project does get paused, i have 2 options:

1) Back on the bench
                2)They are happy to keep me on helping out on other things (i.e. IT Support) as perm numbers are dwindling

Problem is...Option 2 puts me squarely inside of IR35

What you would guys do?

We dont know how long COVID-19 is going to be around or how long its going to take the UK to get back on its feet. Do I risk going on the bench for an unknown amount of time or do I stay on as a BAU support, inside of IR35 and risk Hector calling?
                Do you think, given the current climate they would care/understand?

(For what its worth I am working in the NHS).

Comment

So my dilemma

Still waiting on confirmation but if my project does get paused, i have 2 options:

1) Back on the bench
                  2)They are happy to keep me on helping out on other things (i.e. IT Support) as perm numbers are dwindling

What you would guys do?

We dont know how long COVID-19 is going to be around or how long its going to take the UK to get back on its feet. Do I risk going on the bench for an unknown amount of time or do I stay on as a BAU support, inside of IR35 and risk Hector calling?

how many month's war chest have you got?

is there an option to leave and return?

Comment

So my dilemma

1) Back on the bench

What you would guys do?

I would take the BAU job. Jobs are dwindling and this Covid-19 is only getting worse by the day with no end in sight. I'd rather worry about Hector later after I paid my bills and put food on the table than be on the street with no Hector worries. My guess is the tax people are going to have alot more to worry about soon enough to spend any time on trying to squeeze a few pounds out of you.

Comment

So my dilemma

1) Back on the bench

What you would guys do?

Any option of a new contract for the BAU work and accept its inside IR35 for the duration?

Once we get over this mess, HMRC won't care on jot that you had to do this to keep getting paid and will bleed every penny out of you.

Comment

Working...
                      X