• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From extended to Benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From extended to Benched

All was going well with extension in the bag then IT Projects canned in preference of supporting customers BAU work as volumes increase due to Coronavirus (I work in Logistics).

Current gig finishes on Friday, here's to seeing what if anything is out there for an IT PM.

Anyone else had similar?

no

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      no
      Succinct as ever

Comment

Originally posted by fatJock View Post
        All was going well with extension in the bag then IT Projects canned in preference of supporting customers BAU work as volumes increase due to Coronavirus (I work in Logistics).

Current gig finishes on Friday, here's to seeing what if anything is out there for an IT PM.

Anyone else had similar?
        About 100000 other IT pM’s

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          About 100000 other IT pM’s

That’s balls fella - 100K PMs have gone from being extended to benched in a week?

Thankfully got some interest already from some pimps.

Forum is becoming a joke, this isn’t General.
          Last edited by fatJock; 18 March 2020, 23:07.

Comment

That’s balls fella - 100K PMs have gone from being extended to benched in a week?

Correct. At least BR14 was factually accurate.

We've had a few threads on here recently about the massive drop off in PM jobs - a lot of places seem to be converting to agile (or their best stab at it - they have a Jira board and stand ups but it's really waterfall with no plan and shedloads of post it notes) and look for SME BAs or scrum masters and product owners. Good luck.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

My figures are accurate, not in a week, but over the last 2 years, every single IT PM I know (including myself) is now warming the bench / changed job to agile bollocks or retired

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                My figures are accurate, not in a week, but over the last 2 years, every single IT PM I know (including myself) is now warming the bench / changed job to agile bollocks or retired
                This is so true. In the new agile and devops worlds (2 different things) , the Pod or team seems to now consist of a bunch of devs who do absolutely everything...... in our place it's got to the stage whereby we write the stories, estimate them, do the work, test the work (in all of its guises) raise the many CR's to get them released to Prod, support the systems during the day and night and weekend. We don't even have BA's in our Pod. They are reducing in numbers along with the PM's.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Correct. At least BR14 was factually accurate.

We've had a few threads on here recently about the massive drop off in PM jobs - a lot of places seem to be converting to agile (or their best stab at it - they have a Jira board and stand ups but it's really waterfall with no plan and shedloads of post it notes) and look for SME BAs or scrum masters and product owners. Good luck.
                  This. Get yourself some agile certification (there are some great deals for on-site training at present!) and change your CV to rebrand yourself as an Agile PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    This. Get yourself some agile certification (there are some great deals for on-site training at present!) and change your CV to rebrand yourself as an Agile PM.
                    ^^ This.

The amount of ex PMs, Developers or BAs I've seen jumping on the Agile bandwagon over the last 5 years is amazing. The majority of organisations pursue fake agile.

Comment

Working...
                    X