• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract didn't start between the start date and end date of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contract didn't start between the start date and end date of contract

I got a 3 month contract(between dec 19 to feb 20) through an recruitment agency for a client but was never asked to be on client side(basically no work) and the recruitment agency never terminated my contract and kept promising me that soon your start date will be finalised(but it never happened, initially the start date was agreed and signed as a part of contract but it got delayed) and
    I was not paid for that contract because I never worked and never had a signed time sheet.

And I had to terminate the previous contract because of the new one(basically I lot my income because of this contract that never started).

There was a termination clause in the contract(it was for a week) and was never paid for that also because it was never terminated.

Could you please let me know , what action I can take on the recruitment agency.Is it a breach of contract?

Originally posted by dsa View Post
    I got a 3 month contract(between dec 19 to feb 20) through an recruitment agency for a client but was never asked to be on client side(basically no work) and the recruitment agency never terminated my contract and kept promising me that soon your start date will be finalised(but it never happened, initially the start date was agreed and signed as a part of contract but it got delayed) and
    I was not paid for that contract because I never worked and never had a signed time sheet.

And I had to terminate the previous contract because of the new one(basically I lot my income because of this contract that never started).

There was a termination clause in the contract(it was for a week) and was never paid for that also because it was never terminated.

Could you please let me know , what action I can take on the recruitment agency.Is it a breach of contract?
    None.

You weren't terminated and you didn't do work to get any signed. It's a crappy situation but it happens. Up until I decided I wasn't working in London again, I was still waiting on a contract start date for a contract I had agree with a bank in Canary Wharf to kick in. Part of being paid well above permie rate is to cover financial risk.

Move on and lick your wounds. If you have IPSE cover, you may be able to claim something but that's a chat between you and them.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That is all you need. You've obviously seen it in the contract and you seem to understand what it means.

Doesn't matter what has happened to the contract. It lasted a week, a year or whatever. No work, no pay.

Sorry.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Sorry.
        No need to patronise.

Look. If you please me, little lion, I shall tame thee.

Comment

maybe you'll have a prof to show when gov will be asking why you need help and how you've lost business. document it and move on.

Comment

Working...
          X