• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agreed inside IR35 but not signed yet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed inside IR35 but not signed yet

Sounds silly but just wanted to ask anyway.

I agreed (Didn't sign anything yet) an Inside IR35 role direct with the client (private) and undergoing security checks. Good news (IR35 delay) came at the right time.

Spoke to HR who said that things have changed a lot since the delay announcement but will be sending me the contract after the successful outcome of the checks.

Now that the client no longer decides the IR35 status, Do I have to ask them to clearly mention the IR35 status in the contract? As they are private and as I am the one determines the status, is it even required?
    Last edited by BigDataPro; 19 March 2020, 16:17.

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

I agreed (Didn't sign anything yet) an Inside IR35 role direct with the client (private) and undergoing security checks. Good news (IR35 delay) came at the right time.

Spoke to HR who said that things have changed a lot since the delay announcement but will be sending me the contract after the successful outcome of the checks.

Now that the client no longer decides the IR35 status, Do I have to ask them to clearly mention the IR35 status in the contract? As they are private and as I am the one determines the status, is it even required?

Is it a new client or an extension at an existing one?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Is it a new client or an extension at an existing one?
      Completely a new client. Never provided services to them in the past.

Comment

Not really.

No. It's your problem now, not theirs. The way it's always been. They give you a contract and you should self determine as you see fit based on the evidence you've seen. Bearing in mind that evidence is an inside role then you've only one choice for your determination. Nice and easy.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Not really.

No. It's your problem now, not theirs. The way it's always been. They give you a contract and you should self determine as you see fit based on the evidence you've seen. Bearing in mind that evidence is an inside role then you've only one choice for your determination. Nice and easy.
          Awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks.
            Just seen one of your previous posts..

Phew, I was just about to sign an inside role. I hope verbal agreement doesn't count :-)

Do we have a term to handle those 'tractors' who went perm recently?
            You do realise nothing has changed for you. Who makes the determination has changed. The actual result of the determination hasn't.

Comment

Just seen one of your previous posts..

You do realise nothing has changed for you. Who makes the determination has changed. The actual result of the determination hasn't.
              Yes, understood. I have that in mind. But I would like to think that, client did what is best for them / suited their convenience not necessarily based on the actual working practices. It's only a short term contract anyway.

Comment

Yes, understood. I have that in mind. But I would like to think that, client did what is best for them / suited their convenience not necessarily based on the actual working practices. It's only a short term contract anyway.
                That's what the guy said the other day and now has 3 years of potential penalties when he was put inside.

Dunno what you are going to do if the contract stipulates needing insurance. You are going to have to lie to get the insurance to get the contract.........

Comment

The actual result of the determination hasn't.
                  I'm not sure that's necessarily true...lets face it, not a single* client has had the right people making the determinations; they've all* been done by HR/accounts drones who, as the OP points out, are simply not going to risk getting a determination against them or their company and they sure as tulip wouldn't be the ones to be pulled up in front of an IR35 investigation to represent the client's POV.

Depending on my level of confidence on the working practices, I'd take those chances.

*-standard hyperbolic internet argument parameter..could be lower could be higher...kind of...

Comment

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
                    I'm not sure that's necessarily true...lets face it, not a single* client has had the right people making the determinations; they've all* been done by HR/accounts drones who, as the OP points out, are simply not going to risk getting a determination against them or their company and they sure as tulip wouldn't be the ones to be pulled up in front of an IR35 investigation to represent the client's POV.

Depending on my level of confidence on the working practices, I'd take those chances.

*-standard hyperbolic internet argument parameter..could be lower could be higher...kind of...
                    Spot on!

Comment

Working...
                    X