• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recommended umbrella please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommended umbrella please?

hi,
    any recommended umbrellas ? not looking for one of those dodgy ones,
    just a reliable one.

thanks in advance.

Al.

Do you have the choice who to go with? Do they have to be FCSA approved? Will you be presented with a list when you submit your choice?

If you've got free reign then speak to Lucy at Clarity Umbrella. She's posted on here for years and has provided a lot of invaluable advice and I have been an employee of hers in the past.

They also have a great uncapped pension offering so can use that to minimise your tax if you have a warchest from the Ltd or don't need all the income.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Do you have the choice who to go with? Do they have to be FCSA approved? Will you be presented with a list when you submit your choice?

If you've got free reign then speak to Lucy at Clarity Umbrella. She's posted on here for years and has provided a lot of invaluable advice and I have been an employee of hers in the past.

They also have a great uncapped pension offering so can use that to minimise your tax if you have a warchest from the Ltd or don't need all the income.
      thanks .they have to be FCSA Approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Aloha1 View Post
        Do you have any other requirements?

Salary sacrifice
        Same day payment
        Child care vouchers
        Etc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Do you have any other requirements?

Salary sacrifice
          Same day payment
          Child care vouchers
          Etc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Child care vouchers??? They were binned a while back when the system changed.

Electric Lease cars via salary sacrifice is where it's at at the moment..
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Aloha1 View Post
            Lucy has some kind of interim approval as she is going through the process that had satisfied some agencies

Comment

Lucy has some kind of interim approval as she is going through the process that had satisfied some agencies
              I saw a post from her recently complaining that she can't get on some PSLs because she doesn't have enough contractors on her books - and can't get contractors on her books because Clarity is not on the PSL...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                I saw a post from her recently complaining that she can't get on some PSLs because she doesn't have enough contractors on her books - and can't get contractors on her books because Clarity is not on the PSL...
                No. Its the FCSA screwing her and anyone else starting umbrellas. You have to have a minimum number of employees and pay 11k+ to have a review before you can get approved. Problem is they are selling themselves as the only safe certification for brollies so no one will allow non FCSA brollies hence she can't get the numbers.

I've never seen anything like it. What professional body sets the bar so high that it kills off any new growth and excludes anyone else joining.

Comment

Yep. The FCSA cartel is definitely an old boys club.

What actually counts as "being on the books" I wonder. I'd be more than happy to sign up to bump up the numbers but just not put any contracts through as I don't need a brolly at the moment.

Comment

No. Its the FCSA screwing her and anyone else starting umbrellas. You have to have a minimum number of employees and pay 11k+ to have a review before you can get approved. Problem is they are selling themselves as the only safe certification for brollies so no one will allow non FCSA brollies hence she can't get the numbers.

I've never seen anything like it. What professional body sets the bar so high that it kills off any new growth and excludes anyone else joining.
                    I don't think it was the £11k that was annoying - it's the fact they then wanted another £11k 3 months later due to the way systems work that really annoys her....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X