• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recommended umbrella please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Yep. The FCSA cartel is definitely an old boys club.

What actually counts as "being on the books" I wonder. I'd be more than happy to sign up to bump up the numbers but just not put any contracts through as I don't need a brolly at the moment.
    Thank you, you lot are awesome, but it is live numbers that are being payrolled. Just hoping that some of the agencies see the light and risk they are putting contractors at by putting them all through one company!

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
      Thank you, you lot are awesome, but it is live numbers that are being payrolled. Just hoping that some of the agencies see the light and risk they are putting contractors at by putting them all through one company!
      Most of them can't see past their nose let alone something like that.Sadly all they see is the kick back and the patter from FCSA.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just thinking laterally for a mo, why not put a bunch of volunteers on the payroll on minimum wage and selectively up your fees to cover them - say to about minimum wage less £25...?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It's a double-edged sword. The FCSA have at last provided a kitemark for what was a pretty shambolic industry. As a buyer (which I was) it makes it easy to just go with a FCSA accredited company as to paraphrase the old adage, nobody gets fired for choosing an FCSA brolly.

That said it does create a Chicken & Egg situation for new entrants.

FWIW Lucy is 100% sound, and I'd be amazed if her business didn't stack up against the best of the best in that group on compliance.
          Last edited by Andy Hallett; 30 March 2020, 10:44.
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Just thinking laterally for a mo, why not put a bunch of volunteers on the payroll on minimum wage and selectively up your fees to cover them - say to about minimum wage less £25...?
            Love the thinking but loads of technicalities with the contract of employment on that front

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              FWIW Lucy is 100% sound, and I'd be amazed if her business didn't stack up against the best of the best in that group on compliance.
              Thanks Andy that is much appreciated

Comment

Working...
              X