• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTC - Equivalent Day Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have I started?

I have signed the new contract and starting work on Wednesday. Can the mods please archive this thread? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by MagicMovies View Post
      What have I started?

I have signed the new contract and starting work on Wednesday. Can the mods please archive this thread? Thank you!
      Archive?

Do you mean move to general?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Archive?

Do you mean move to general?
        Oh, nothing really. I was just wondering if all the disagreements was worth it as the question I had been adequately answered - i.e., you cannot do a comparison between FTC and day rates and hence politely indicating that this thread be moved to a hidden section...

I now realise that the easiest way to do this would be to stop responding to this thread. :-)

Comment

Every thread where we try compare to complete different income methods like this end up this way.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MagicMovies View Post
            Oh, nothing really. I was just wondering if all the disagreements was worth it as the question I had been adequately answered - i.e., you cannot do a comparison between FTC and day rates and hence politely indicating that this thread be moved to a hidden section...

I now realise that the easiest way to do this would be to stop responding to this thread. :-)
            Welcome to CUK; where people disagree when there's nothing to disagree on.

FTC is, potentially, the new way of engagement for contractors. Your costs can still be ringfenced as part of a project, like your contract costs could be. Difference is that you now get holiday pay and you're not a contractor. You're an employee of client co; if they get discounts on stuff, you can do too. In fact, you get to behave completely the opposite to how you would if you were in an outside IR35 contract. Get along to the freebie team-building sessions, etc. You could well find yourself closing your company and just going with FTCs and umbrella companies for the long-term. Massive plus is that it saves a lot of hassle and means that whatever you get at the end of each month is yours to do with as you please, be that spend, save, etc.

Don't get too hung up about the "good old days" of regular outside IR35 work - that's now gone for most. I think you're in a great position and can get on with closing your company and out of the way of HMRC who will be looking into those on inside contracts still come 2021.
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 June 2020, 20:11.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
            X