• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ending a contract early - Dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManiAnanth View Post
    Thanks, but the exact words of the Project Manager about 3 weeks ago was "I am not happy. Compared to the rest of the team...You are a bloody expensive contractor and if you are not delivering, you will be out of the door", so the same thing of getting someone else to do it cheaper or use it to give work to a permie who doesn't have any work currently can all be still happen in this gig too. :-)

Sure, the known devil is better than an unknown one etc., etc., but when someone says you will be out of the door, it is an ominous sign...not to mention other signs such as I am being shut out of other team meetings etc.,

Of course, all of this might be an over-reaction on my side too...who knows?!
    Question: do you think you are expensive or is the agent potentially stiffing you both? That is, going rate should be £500, you're getting £400, agent is claiming to the client that you're being billed at £600? Has the client been conned into paying £600 because you were meant to be worth that 20% extra?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Indeed I would have binned him already

Big difference between saying "I am not happy with your performance" and actually being unhappy with the performance.

Also, genuine question - when you say, I would have binned him already - are you talking about me leaving the client or the PM binning me? I am guessing the latter, but thought would clarify with you.
      Last edited by ManiAnanth; 2 April 2020, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Question: do you think you are expensive or is the agent potentially stiffing you both? That is, going rate should be £500, you're getting £400, agent is claiming to the client that you're being billed at £600? Has the client been conned into paying £600 because you were meant to be worth that 20% extra?
        Honestly, I do not know! When I negotiated the rates with the agency - there was a lot of back and forth and w.r.t to the contract as well around RtoS, SDC etc., the agency said that they are only keeping a 6% margin because, they wanted to work with the client long term etc., etc., but that is just standard talk straight out of the playbook of every recruiter...Right?

Comment

Working...
        X