• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible Inside job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Inside job

Got a call this a.m. for an Inside IR35 role, which is wfh for the first 3 months owing to current situation.
    Got email from the recruiter for me to advise if I'm opting in/out of EAA Conduct Regulations?
    Surely, if working through an umbrella (which I'll have to do) on an inside role these regs don't apply?
    Thought I'd ask on here before delving elsewhere. Thanks.
    Clarity is everything

https://www.ipse.co.uk/uploads/asset...90df4e002c.pdf

I am an umbrella company. What do I do?
    The Conduct Regulations also apply to umbrellas. Although it is possible to opt-out of the regulations as an umbrella, the optout was designed with individual limited company contractors in mind and not those who are employees of an umbrella.
    For an opt-out to be effective, any declaration of intent to opt-out must be signed by both you as the “work seeker” and a
    representative of the umbrella company. IPSE recommends seeking advice through our tax and contracts helpline for further
    information
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So, if I don't use my Ltd, which I can't see the point in doing, and will therefore effectively be an employee of the umbrella for the duration, then it doesn't really apply?
      That's what I'm reading from the attachment. Yes?
      Apologies but I'm a bit out of touch with this at the moment.
      Last edited by SteelyDan; 31 March 2020, 11:36.
      Clarity is everything

Comment

Another thread on it here.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-umbrella.html

Personally I haven't seen the Opt in/out status make one iota of difference in any situation that it is supposed to have helped so I'd probably take the path of least resistance to be honest.

There is also the argument that most of them are invalid anyway due to people not understanding the 'introduced to' statement. If you've already spoken to on been interviewed by the client the decision is made by default surely.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Another thread on it here.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-umbrella.html

Personally I haven't seen the Opt in/out status make one iota of difference in any situation that it is supposed to have helped so I'd probably take the path of least resistance to be honest.

There is also the argument that most of them are invalid anyway due to people not understanding the 'introduced to' statement. If you've already spoken to on been interviewed by the client the decision is made by default surely.
          Thanks, not read your other link yet, but from that doc, it says the opt out was designed with individual limited company contractors in mind and not those who are employees of an umbrella

So as stated, I'll be effectively employed by the Umbrella (whichever one I elect to go with - if we get that far) then I think I'll advise I'm opting out.

PS. Just read that link, it's all dated 2014.
          Last edited by SteelyDan; 31 March 2020, 11:53.
          Clarity is everything

Comment

They mentioned a couple of Umbrellas, one of which is Nasa (nasa group)..anyone know anything about them?
            This is all early days yet based on a call this morning, so am just trying to do some background work...which could end up fruitless, of course.
            Clarity is everything

Comment

Does the agency have a PSL or other requirement restricting which umbrella you can use? If not, give Lucy @ Clarity a call

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Does the agency have a PSL or other requirement restricting which umbrella you can use? If not, give Lucy @ Clarity a call
                Thanks LM, yes I've clocked Lucy at Clarity before when I was last thinking of an Umbrella/Inside role, ...that didn't come off. I think I just need to be conscious of fees, payment speeds etc. The role is with a pub sec org, but I don't think, for this role there's any issue re; being on a PSL, or not. Agency have suggested 3, but asked me if I have an alternative option.
                Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
                  Thanks LM, yes I've clocked Lucy at Clarity before when I was last thinking of an Umbrella/Inside role, ...that didn't come off. I think I just need to be conscious of fees, payment speeds etc. The role is with a pub sec org, but I don't think, for this role there's any issue re; being on a PSL, or not. Agency have suggested 3, but asked me if I have an alternative option.
                  I went with Lucy via a public sector gig where agency said exactly the same thing. No issues onboarding or anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X