• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remote work vs. signing an extension (and MoO)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a printer/scanner is a must for a contractor for just this reason - I've had a few clients insist on me printing, signing onto the print and scanning back. And all at the 11th hour the night before. They're pretty cheap.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

As I've spaffed my life savings on a fairly comprehensive Adobe subscription, it's also very easy for me to add a signature to a PDF of a contract so I don't really need to even print / sign / scan any more.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        As I've spaffed my life savings on a fairly comprehensive Adobe subscription, it's also very easy for me to add a signature to a PDF of a contract so I don't really need to even print / sign / scan any more.
        You could do it on the free version, in recent years actually..
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          You could do it on the free version, in recent years actually..
          I know...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I tried that once and they still insisted on seeing a dusty, wonky scan and wouldn't take the Adobe'd version even with a real signature. It can happen!
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              I tried that once and they still insisted on seeing a dusty, wonky scan and wouldn't take the Adobe'd version even with a real signature. It can happen!
              forget scanner. use a phone to take a photo. Office Lens works well.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                forget scanner. use a phone to take a photo. Office Lens works well.
                Still got to print it out. The Sheed-feed scanner makes that light work to scan back in
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Still got to print it out. The Sheed-feed scanner makes that light work to scan back in
                  Sounds expensive.
                  I have bummed my scanner/printer/fax MFD and just stick to colour laser I got for £100 12 years ago. And phone for scanning...
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Use a shredder hooked up to a fax to encrypt your signature before you send the document.

Or just photograph your signature and paste it into the document where it's meant to go.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Use a shredder hooked up to a fax to encrypt your signature before you send the document.

Or just photograph your signature and paste it into the document where it's meant to go.
                      I do that - I have an image of my signature that I drop into documents. I have a few for those occasions where I have to sign multiple times as you never exactly produce the same signature each time. A few variants makes it look more authentic

Comment

Working...
                      X