• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Did Not Adhere to Contracted Notice Period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Getting 7 days is more than some get. Others get walked the same day.

If they say there's no funding for the next four weeks to pay you, would you still go in and work for free?

These things happen, that's one of the reasons you're paid more.
    You know I actually would have worked part time at a reduced rate for a while. With no work on the horizon, it would have been good to support the BAU team who've relied heavily on a program team of experts and will now be completely lost.

Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by HBee View Post
      You know I actually would have worked part time at a reduced rate for a while. With no work on the horizon, it would have been good to support the BAU team who've relied heavily on a program team of experts and will now be completely lost.

Thanks for the answer.
      Point this out to them, they may have overlooked this vital information and assume bau need no support

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Point this out to them, they may have overlooked this vital information and assume bau need no support
        And if they agree, try to get a new contract written for the BAU support work, in case the IR35-police come calling in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          And if they agree, try to get a new contract written for the BAU support work, in case the IR35-police come calling in future.
          Absolutely!

Was assessed by them just prior to covid and was confirmed as outside IR35 for the program role, but supporting BAU is a different kettle of fish!
          Let's see how they respond.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            I have pointed out the gap in BAU skillset so you're spot on - next step will be to offer reduced rate/days.

Many thanks for the response!

Comment

Many clients get it into their head that they have to have you 5 days a week. When you point out that you'd quite happily work part time often a little penny drops and they start to think differently.

As I generally get given a PO for a set number of days, I often remind clients that having me around unnecessarily just burns the PO faster when they could cherry pick when they actually need me.

Comment

Working...
              X