• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biting The Bullet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuri missed the key two words in the whole thing: "up north". No London weighting, etc.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
      ...everyone here knows the f*****g maths. No one translates like that while hiring
      All I was saying - it's not equal {there's significant difference} financially as was suggested by someone else
      (as it turns out - someone doesn't know the math {evidence on prev page}),

So not sure what drives off your emotional stability..

It was also given as reason why it's not worth going perm. - for me at least, I wouldn't go for reasons described.
      (obviously for every1 else depends on goals/preferences, therefore matter of personal balance).

The processes affecting this choice at present
      (shifts due to broad "situation" on a market, economic environment, aka collapse of demand, abundant supply
      because not everyone has builtup sufficient liquidity and resulting drop in rates/packages on both markets)
      are not covered.

GL.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Yuri missed the key two words in the whole thing: "up north". No London weighting, etc.
        Hmm, may be, but £52K net (£75K perm) vs £89K (£450/day Ltd) gives you difference of £37K (or +70%), a bit diff. for Scotland' "north"
        Not sure weighting/rent/month-off-holiday/stability are significant enough to account for it (for someone is),
        again: all IMO, everyone else's circumstances are different to trigger the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri F View Post
          All I was saying - it's not equal {there's significant difference} financially as was suggested by someone else
          (as it turns out - someone doesn't know the math {evidence on prev page}),

So not sure what drives off your emotional stability..

It was also given as reason why it's not worth going perm. - for me at least, I wouldn't go for reasons described.
          (obviously for every1 else depends on goals/preferences, therefore matter of personal balance).

The processes affecting this choice at present
          (shifts due to broad "situation" on a market, economic environment, aka collapse of demand, abundant supply
          because not everyone has builtup sufficient liquidity and resulting drop in rates/packages on both markets)
          are not covered.

GL.
          My maths is fine, mate. Yours is all over the place, and then you confused it by talking about VAT. Nobody on £450p/d is taking home the equivalent of a £150k salary or whatever stupid number you said.

But you sound very troll like, so meh. Anybody can read the thread and make their own mind up and run their own numbers.

Comment

Hmm, may be, but £52K net (£75K perm) vs £89K (£450/day Ltd) gives you difference of £37K (or +70%), a bit diff. for Scotland' "north"
            Not sure weighting/rent/month-off-holiday/stability are significant enough to account for it (for someone is),
            again: all IMO, everyone else's circumstances are different to trigger the choice.
            Are you in some sort of scheme?

Based on 220 days as a sole director, with £3k for expenses such as accountant and insurance, you're looking at being able to get a net annual income of about £67k.

When you throw in other benefits, such as enhanced pension, training,chance for promotion, redundancy and sick pay, etc, it's not a bad deal.

Oh and North in the OP's case meant "the north of England", not "north of England".
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Nope.
              £450 a day outside will give you a take home of around £5,590 a month, roughly £67k, not £89k
              So, instead of £37k difference, it's more like £15k.

If you want to be outside and taking home £89k, you need to be charing a daily rate of around £650, not £450.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

LondonManc - yes, offer by HMRC, as for working days - all discussed on prev. page,
                I'm going with 252 working days this year (Y2020), my £5m insurance/office/accounting cost me £500~£700 a year
                (but you can throw in some technology costs topping up to £3K, for instance latest PC/49'' curved monitor),
                and agree - as other perks were discussed before..

for me as professional contractor (and company director) - it's all about money on a first place.
                for someone else priorities are on a different end of a spectrum (so makes sense switching into "safe" scenario).

"training"? tbh I've never seen any real value in it..

Comment

WTFH - unsubstantiated/unsupported claims so far, my calcs are on prev. page.

Comment

Even if you worked every weekday of the year, £450/day only brings in 450*260 = £117k, before any taxation.
                    How on earth do you make that equal to £140k?

Comment

fidot - previous page, total revenues, days and how much on each (business/personal) tax category (except for CGT, just brought it in by association, should be just div.)

Comment

Working...
                      X