• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS extends contract review turnaround to 2 weeks - any alternatives?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
    It depends on your risk appetite.
    I will take out getting eaten by a shark insurance then as same risk

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      HMRC won’t be going after anyone this year, why bother getting any review - pointless
      And if they come sniffing around next year, or the year after that?

Comment

I will take out getting eaten by a shark insurance then as same risk
        I'm sure all of the GSK contractors who received letters from HMRC thought the same.

While HMRC staff may currently be otherwise engaged with the various Covid-19 schemes, they'll be desperately looking for money when this is all over.

Comment

HMRC won’t be going after anyone this year, why bother getting any review - pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          They asked questions about my determinations during a a routine (non-IR35) review. It was nice to have the QDOS write-ups to hand to shut them up in the first instance.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

If anyone’s interested the review turnaround is now 3-5 business days and you can’t pay more to expedite to next business day etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fatJock View Post
              If anyone’s interested the review turnaround is now 3-5 business days and you can’t pay more to expedite to next business day etc.
              Wondering when I've ever had a client that's given me 3 whole days before a start date... let alone 5.

Not nice to have to play hard ball. I have had to get clients to change start dates to fit 1 day turnarounds on contract reviews, but it would be even more annoying if that was driven by QDOS's end.
              Last edited by PerfectStorm; 27 April 2020, 08:11.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                Wondering when I've ever had a client that's given me 3 whole days before a start date... let alone 5.

Not nice to have to play hard ball. I have had to get clients to change start dates to fit 1 day turnarounds on contract reviews, but it would be even more annoying if that was driven by QDOS's end.

Comment

They've found some extra capacity now:

We are pleased to announce that all Qdos IR35 contract review services have returned to normal:

Standard turnaround time for contract reviews is 3-5 working days

Same business day and next business day turnaround services are now available

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding during the lead up to the now postponed IR35 reform and the temporary delay to our services due to the huge increase in assessments.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                  X