• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS extends contract review turnaround to 2 weeks - any alternatives?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS extends contract review turnaround to 2 weeks - any alternatives?

From QDOS:

Please note that our faster turnaround services are temporarily suspended until further notice due to high volumes. We are working hard to resume this service as soon as possible. The current turnaround time is ​2 weeks. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    I may need a contract reviewing soon. Other than DIY, is anyone doing 1/2/7 day turnarounds?
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Asked last week.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...t-reviews.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"due to high volumes"

are we back in the boom times?

Comment

They have a backlog from before IR35 Reform was delayed. There's no way to cancel a review request without contacting your account manager and they don't seem to have proactively asked people if they still need their contracts reviewed so I think they're still churning through those.

I submitted a contract on 15th March for review and only heard back on Thursday 2nd April.

Comment

Originally posted by Pring View Post
          They have a backlog from before IR35 Reform was delayed. There's no way to cancel a review request without contacting your account manager and they don't seem to have proactively asked people if they still need their contracts reviewed so I think they're still churning through those.

I submitted a contract on 15th March for review and only heard back on Thursday 2nd April.
          Christ

If you’ve done a few of these before, go back through their feedback and work out the common themes (there are only so many and you can imagine the guide that QDOS might use). Then DIY it. You’ve still taken legal care, just not using a lawyer.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Christ

If you’ve done a few of these before, go back through their feedback and work out the common themes (there are only so many and you can imagine the guide that QDOS might use). Then DIY it. You’ve still taken legal care, just not using a lawyer.
            Oh yeah - it didn't delay me at all. It's a previous client and I'm using the QDOS template contract clauses for substitution/etc so I was sure they'd assess as Outside. I just like to have their approval as a check in a box as it makes me sleep a bit better at night knowing that the same company that provides my insurance has approved the contract!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              "due to high volumes"

are we back in the boom times?
              This is what I don't get. They should be gagging for work... instead they're putting people off
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                This is what I don't get. They should be gagging for work... instead they're putting people off
                Yeah, I'd have thought a similar thing too. Given the current state of the market, I can't imagine they're being inundated with contract reviews. However, how many are off due to Covid-19?

The issue I have with all of the better known IR35 review companies is the usual 5 day turnaround time and in this particular instance QDOS not seemingly being able to do a same day/next day service.

I was recently lucky enough (well, if you consider one agent trying to pull a fast one with a recruitment equivalent of gazundering) to be offered 2 contracts but with relatively tight starting timescales. While I would have used my normal reviewers (including QDOS), they were stating 5 day turnaround times.

To cut a long story short I had 2 reviews undertaken by Larsen Howie. I was genuinely impressed by their level of service - I paid for next day reviews and had the reviews back by midday the following day with decent point by point analysis of any weak parts of the contract.

Next time I need reviews doing at short notice, I'll definitely be using them again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                  Yeah, I'd have thought a similar thing too. Given the current state of the market, I can't imagine they're being inundated with contract reviews. However, how many are off due to Covid-19?

The issue I have with all of the better known IR35 review companies is the usual 5 day turnaround time and in this particular instance QDOS not seemingly being able to do a same day/next day service.

I was recently lucky enough (well, if you consider one agent trying to pull a fast one with a recruitment equivalent of gazundering) to be offered 2 contracts but with relatively tight starting timescales. While I would have used my normal reviewers (including QDOS), they were stating 5 day turnaround times.

To cut a long story short I had 2 reviews undertaken by Larsen Howie. I was genuinely impressed by their level of service - I paid for next day reviews and had the reviews back by midday the following day with decent point by point analysis of any weak parts of the contract.

Next time I need reviews doing at short notice, I'll definitely be using them again.
                  HMRC won’t be going after anyone this year, why bother getting any review - pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    HMRC won’t be going after anyone this year, why bother getting any review - pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    It depends on your risk appetite.

Comment

Working...
                    X