• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance Query

First time poster so apologies if this is in the wrong section,

I was granted MOD SC clearance from a sponsor in December 2019 for a 2 month role which ended in Feb 2020, i've just recently been offered a new SC cleared role which is due to start next week, what is the process for transferring my SC clearance so the 12 month unused period restarts again, is it just a case of requesting that the clearance is transferred over to the new sponsor, many thanks for your help,
    Matthew.

You don't, they do.

New client security team request it from old client security team. Nothing for you to do.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And there's a chance it won't transfer and you have to go through vetting again.

There's a horrendously long thread on Clearance matters, but most of the basics (and misconceptions) around the process is covered in the first couple of pages. Perhaps take a look.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by matthew16678 View Post
        First time poster so apologies if this is in the wrong section,

I was granted MOD SC clearance from a sponsor in December 2019 for a 2 month role which ended in Feb 2020, i've just recently been offered a new SC cleared role which is due to start next week, what is the process for transferring my SC clearance so the 12 month unused period restarts again, is it just a case of requesting that the clearance is transferred over to the new sponsor, many thanks for your help,
        Matthew.
        Your client will have a process for this. It will take slightly longer if the new role is somewhere other than MOD (e.g. FCO). Speak to your client in the first instance.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
        X