• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone working in the NHS during the COVID19 pandemic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone working in the NHS during the COVID19 pandemic?

Just a quick post at the moment that I am about to start on Tuesday for a NHS Trust; It has been a long time since I last set foot back in NHS as I as moved on to other government bodies for contracting but a question to everyone here is how are you finding work at the moment and any experiences or advice?

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
    Just a quick post at the moment that I am about to start on Tuesday for a NHS Trust; It has been a long time since I last set foot back in NHS as I as moved on to other government bodies for contracting but a question to everyone here is how are you finding work at the moment and any experiences or advice?
    I am working for the Irish equivalent (I did previously spend 6 years employed then 10 years contracting in NHS).

It's very hectic. I've been working six days per week, long days. My client has agreed to pay me on an hourly basis, so I work 10 hours and bill for 1.25 days. See if you can arrange something similar.

There is however a great sense of purpose, as you would imagine.

Comment

Are you to be based at the central office near five ways perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post

I am at NHSX at the moment
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Marblerim View Post
          Are you to be based at the central office near five ways perchance?
          Hi Marblerim

Not in west mids so nah way further down south

Comment

Currently in an NHS Trust in London.

Its manic.
            All the projects are on pause or slowed down so I switched roles (with a new contract) to help with general IT support as they are short on staff. At the moment its not about the projects but all hands on deck just keeping the lights on and ensuring the front line are up and running ok, be it working remotely or in the wards with the kit they need.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
              Currently in an NHS Trust in London.

Its manic.
              All the projects are on pause or slowed down so I switched roles (with a new contract) to help with general IT support as they are short on staff. At the moment its not about the projects but all hands on deck just keeping the lights on and ensuring the front line are up and running ok, be it working remotely or in the wards with the kit they need.
              Did you demand a new SoW?

Comment

Working...
              X