• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You've told us your unavailable so you can't cancel now....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    You'd look less foolish in front of everybody if you just admitted that you were wrong. But that's up to you, of course - everybody else can read the thread and make up their own mind.
    Whatevs.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      And it's all about you isn't it?
      Definitely is
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I seem to remember a number of my contracts have stipulated a maximum number of billing days in a period so those thst didn't take holidays ended up having a long Xmas break. Never really asked why this is as I'd never normally get near it as I like my time off.

I'd imagine their budget for the year is set to x bodies for 220 (or whatever) days a year. No hols and they blow their budget.
        Funnily enough mine does too but they ignore it because it suits them to usually.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Nah, sorry Greg, that's weak as ****. Imagine if somebody comes to me and says "Can you make 100 widgets and deliver them by X Date" and I agree, then have to go back and renegotiate to 80 widgest due to staff absence. It's perfectly acceptable to rework things, go back and say "Oh, we can actually deliver the 100 if you'd like". It's also acceptable for them to say "Oh, nah, 80 is fine"

Psycho informed his client that he wasn't available - he's now unexpectedly available and offered up his services. They declined, both are fine.

He could at least create a sense of urgency for why he's needed and then advise the client that he's cancelled his time off to accommodate the client's needs.
          I mean, he *could*. It would be pathetically transparent and make him look a tit, but sure he *could*.

Posts like yours are what make people come here, shake their head and leave. Exactly the same scenario plays out in business to business consulting relationships all the time - client wants x person for y time. Consultancy originally says no, then something changes and they go back and offer it up - getting billing days is business.
          Yep. exactly....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Funnily enough mine does too but they ignore it because it suits them to usually.
            So for once the client has gone above an beyond to allow you to get more money than you agreed when you signed the contract and in the midst of a global pandemic they've reverted back to what the contract says and still you feel the need to complain about it......

Mod, nothing professional here as usual. Can we move to general please?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              More likely your day rate doesn't make much of a dent. HTHBIDI
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I'd imagine their budget for the year is set to x bodies for 220 (or whatever) days a year. No hols and they blow their budget.
                This is correct and I can say so as one of those who has to put the spreadsheets together for new projects and calculating resource costs for the project budget submission.
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                X