• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You've told us your unavailable so you can't cancel now....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've told us your unavailable so you can't cancel now....

Hmm - to be expected....
    I bet I'm not the first....

Couple of long weekends this summer planned. Legoland one weekend, Camp Bestival too. Booked with client. Legoland closed, Camp Bestival won't be far behind....

Trouble is client is trying to get perm staff to NOT cancel holidays. I can see their point in a way - everyones working from home, things are cancelled, and no-one wants a day off. Its going to end up with people with masses of leave.

Alas, they're trying it with contractors too...... Can't complain could be out the door.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Not sure of your point. You've got unexpected downtime right now so enjoy it. If they furlough you nearer Christmas, tough.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Not sure of your point. You've got unexpected downtime right now so enjoy it. If they furlough you nearer Christmas, tough.
      WFH full rate at the moment....

Just don't want the day off now...
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Ah, right. That's different. Better to take a week off than end up with three months off imho.....
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If its just a day or 2 just suck it up, wouldn't even try to fight it.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

And it's all about you isn't it?

Comment

I seem to remember a number of my contracts have stipulated a maximum number of billing days in a period so those thst didn't take holidays ended up having a long Xmas break. Never really asked why this is as I'd never normally get near it as I like my time off.

I'd imagine their budget for the year is set to x bodies for 220 (or whatever) days a year. No hols and they blow their budget.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Yes. Why would he give a tulip about anybody else, when ensuring cashflow for his business and therefore food on the table?

It doesn't mean being a nob, but when it comes to business, I only care about my own. What other people do/negotiate/get paid/whatever is their problem, I do what I need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I seem to remember a number of my contracts have stipulated a maximum number of billing days in a period so those thst didn't take holidays ended up having a long Xmas break. Never really asked why this is as I'd never normally get near it as I like my time off.

I'd imagine their budget for the year is set to x bodies for 220 (or whatever) days a year. No hols and they blow their budget.
                  Had this when getting an extension last year. I had to really work hard to maintain an air of sombre understanding when I was told they could renew, but I'd need to take 10 days off over Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Eh up, McFly's in.

Comment

Working...
                    X