• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to Post an Article on Linked In for Attention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Post an Article on Linked In for Attention

I've written an article on Linked In but haven't published it yet. I'd like to maximise the attention I get for posting it with the hopes that it will help me somehow get a new contract or perm role. I know it's grasping at straws but it will look good on my CV and it was interesting to write. Since most of the people that connect to me are recruitment consultants it might generate some interest.

Does anyone have any ideas or strategies to do this? The content could be edited into a series of articles and I guess I could slowly publish each new one every week and then post about it with a link but I don't know how obnoxious that would be.

Seems like I would want to add some hashtags, can somebody explain how that works?

I don't ever post anything so I don't really know how it works. What should I avoid to not look foolish?

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    I've written an article on Linked In but haven't published it yet. I'd like to maximise the attention I get for posting it with the hopes that it will help me somehow get a new contract or perm role. I know it's grasping at straws but it will look good on my CV and it was interesting to write. Since most of the people that connect to me are recruitment consultants it might generate some interest.

Does anyone have any ideas or strategies to do this? The content could be edited into a series of articles and I guess I could slowly publish each new one every week and then post about it with a link but I don't know how obnoxious that would be.

Seems like I would want to add some hashtags, can somebody explain how that works?

I don't ever post anything so I don't really know how it works. What should I avoid to not look foolish?
    The hashtags are the same as any other social media, you can search by hashtag, and every now and then if enough people are reading it, commenting etc it gets picked up my LI algorithms as trending which then invites more people to comment.

How to get that interaction is a dark art, some say tag 5 people in who comment and then that snowballs, but stick a link here and I am sure those of us who use linkedin will share and comment etc to build it up for you
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Out of interest, why are you publishing it? Drum up trade?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        stick a link here and I am sure those of us who use linkedin will share and comment etc to build it up for you
        That would be excellent! At least one section is kind of funny because I put an IoT device that measures temperature in my freezer. God only knows how it got a Wifi signal in there.

Comment

That would be excellent! At least one section is kind of funny because I put an IoT device that measures temperature in my freezer. God only knows how it got a Wifi signal in there.

Post the link, I have a sizable audience. Will share it.

Can't be worse than any of the bollocks I normally write.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Couple of reasons
            • I lack commercial experience with Azure so I wanted to show I can do something practical. Also gives me something to talk about in interviews
            • I want more Azure stuff on my CV for keywords
            • Having a "Published Article" section on my CV can't be bad. So what if only I am doing the publishing.
            • Drum up business
            • Nothing else to do after my daily 30 minute trawl through Jobserve

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              Post the link, I have a sizable audience. Will share it.

Can't be worse than any of the bollocks I normally write.
              Thanks! I'm not quite finished yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                That's why most people post articles.

Although a friend of mine is posting articles as a dry run for a book she wants to write as it's helping her organise her notes, etc.

Comment

Remember they can do as much harm as good. I've seen some nightmares on linkedin so do try get someone that is in the know to review it first.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Remember they can do as much harm as good. I've seen some nightmares on linkedin so do try get someone that is in the know to review it first.
                    That is a good point. If you know you're a bit naff with grammar and spelling. Get it proof read, twice.

You can't edit a post once it's up. Your only option is to delete it so it becomes a PITA to tweak if you publish and then spot typos.

Comment

Working...
                    X