• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TCS Cognizant etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Threats of violence will also not be tolerated.
    Now NAT physically has one and it is no longer a mythical item wielded in a literary sense, will he be banned for threatening to hit people with the ban hammer?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      What about orthographic errors not within the scope of your list?
      If I knew what one was, and spotted it being done, then yes. They'll be added to my little list.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If I knew what one was, and spotted it being done, then yes. They'll be added to my little list.

It’s when your orthograph stops working.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          It’s when your orthograph stops working.
          Can you get pills for thst or surgery required?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Saw a request for contractor cvs on linkedin for roles in my field, so sent my cv off.

Got a reply from a chap wanting me to sign a TCS Data Candidate Privacy Notice, with a view to a call in next few days.

Don't know why, always sets alarm bells off, being asked to sign stuff before I know more details regarding the role.

TCS, any bloody good?

qh
            Last edited by quackhandle; 13 July 2020, 10:49.
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I've worked through TCS for a retail bank and had no issues with them, but, if you have specific skills, be wary of them trying to use you to train their staff. Others have reported different experiences though.

If the Candidate Private Notice is just to ensure you don't approach the client directly, after their name is revealed, I can't see any issue with that.
              Last edited by Paralytic; 13 July 2020, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                Saw a request for contractor cvs on linkedin for roles in my field, so sent my cv off.

Got a reply from a chap wanting me to sign a TCS Data Cadidate Privacy Notice, with a view to a call in next few days.

Don't know why, always sets alarm bells off, being asked to sign stuff before I know more details regarding the role.

TCS, any bloody good?

qh
                what will have happened here is the client has got so pissed off with TCS inability to provide suitably skilled resource, they've demanded that TCS find someone. I would say that as long as you're the client's bitch, and they're happy with you, then it will be fine. Just don't take any tulip from TCS management.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  I've worked through TCS for a retail bank and had no issues with them, but, if you have specific skills, be wary of them trying to use you to train their staff. Others have reported different experiences though.

If the Candidate Private Notice is just to ensure you don't approach the client directly, after their name is revealed, I can't see any issue with that.
                  I have heard the same about Wipro, train up people from the Indian Subcontinent who will eventually take over your role.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    I have heard the same about Wipro, train up people from the Indian Subcontinent who will eventually take over your role.

qh
                    TCS are OK/Good compared to Infosys. Just make it clear that you are not going to / interested in Training their bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                      TCS are OK/Good compared to Infosys. Just make it clear that you are not going to / interested in Training their bunch.
                      As a Lead BA for a client working with TCS in the past, I'd agree with this.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X