• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TCS Cognizant etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPC View Post
    Yes we have you guys to thank for knocking the contract rates through the floor feeling proud?

Admin before you get excited no abuse here just disappointing such parasites of this world are allowed to prosper.
    With remote working becoming more and more normal, any remaining jobs will be gone too. Shape up or ship out. No one is required to provide you with a gig at rates YOU consider good enough for your services.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      Hahaha, oh you’re serious? Keep going then...

They deffo cost less - it’s their only competitive feature.

IF?
      You’ve never worked with people from these places have you? Come on, admit it...

if your skills are superior, then the client must be thinking the same and you are safe. No? Or is it only you that thinks you are better? If that is the case you are stuffed. Find something else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        I've worked through TCS for a retail bank and had no issues with them, but, if you have specific skills, be wary of them trying to use you to train their staff. Others have reported different experiences though.

If the Candidate Private Notice is just to ensure you don't approach the client directly, after their name is revealed, I can't see any issue with that.
        why not? why dont you actually add 'training their staff' into the contract? And ask for a premium? Everyone is a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
          why not? why dont you actually add 'training their staff' into the contract? And ask for a premium? Everyone is a winner.
          Short term v long term view. And I have no interest in training - its not always about the £££s. And, the end client would have had no interest in me training TCS.

Comment

I’m getting pinged by my TCS / infosys buddies

All planning to come back to UK in Jan to work as contractors and permies

The UK's points-based immigration system: policy statement - GOV.UK

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Its been a while since you used stories from/about "friends" to troll. I've been missing it.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

i thought they will need a sponsor?

Comment

i thought they will need a sponsor?
                  The Oude Joris (UK) onshoring vehicle will sponsor them.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    The Oude Joris (UK) onshoring vehicle will sponsor them.
                    then how will they be contractors?

Comment

then how will they be contractors?
                      1. Sponsor and bring them in as employees (Only an Employer can sponsor, right)
                      2. Once landed, Individuals are responsible to find a contract + rent accommodation etc
                      3. Individuals operate through the Sponsor (Like an Umbrella) or through their own company
                      4. % of day rate goes to the Sponsor (usually 20%-30%)

Sponsors hold on to, usually something as a Degree Certificate as a collateral. Similar practices are in place for the US as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X