• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TCS Cognizant etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    1. Sponsor and bring them in as employees (Only an Employer can sponsor, right)
    2. Once landed, Individuals are responsible to find a contract + rent accommodation etc
    3. Individuals operate through the Sponsor (Like an Umbrella) or through their own company
    4. % of day rate goes to the Sponsor (usually 20%-30%)

Sponsors hold on to, usually something as a Degree Certificate as a collateral. Similar practices are in place for the US as well.
    You can get a fresh copy of your degree certificate for about £25 last time I checked (client was wanted inside leg measurement, etc. in screening!) so it's not exactly the worst threat.

The bigger issue is the stories that I have heard on Canary Wharf more than a couple of times - they come over via TCS, etc, have a year as a permie, go contracting for a year, pay nothing to HMRC and scarper back to India with pretty much their full day rate. Good luck finding them again.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      You can get a fresh copy of your degree certificate for about £25 last time I checked (client was wanted inside leg measurement, etc. in screening!) so it's not exactly the worst threat.

The bigger issue is the stories that I have heard on Canary Wharf more than a couple of times - they come over via TCS, etc, have a year as a permie, go contracting for a year, pay nothing to HMRC and scarper back to India with pretty much their full day rate. Good luck finding them again.
      Indian universities are nowhere near the service provided by the UK universities. Being corrupt and political, it is not easy to get duplicate/copy of certificate. Originals will even be used to obtain loans in their name which makes it even more threatening.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
        Indian universities are nowhere near the service provided by the UK universities. Being corrupt and political, it is not easy to get duplicate/copy of certificate. Originals will even be used to obtain loans in their name which makes it even more threatening.
        Sounds like the finest oxymoron ever.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
          then how will they be contractors?
          That's a trade secret.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
            i thought they will need a sponsor?
            nobody knows.
            Aren't we expecting a new bill soon as we we enter the sunlit uplands?
            Given an aging population, lack of skills and the political power to do whatever they want in the name of B*x** they may well allow Visas to go to contractors.
            Or maybe even jobless people that match some arbitrary criteria. As long as we have 'control' of the borders.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Importing skills to erode the rights and pay of national citizens is exactly what the globalist corporate capitalist neo-liberal goons intended, and it's happening everywhere.
              The technology boom over the last 30 years has been a huge opportunity which has a few people unthinkably rich. Most of them going to great lengths to avoid paying taxes at the expense of everyone else, leading to this incredible global tax avoidance regime being accepted and normalised.

It's mad when you think about it. We're done as a country, as a society, as a species. I'm just hoping to make enough money with the time I have left to stay onto of the tulip pile that's burning away underneath my feet. Selfish I know but, that's life. Dog eat dog.

p.s Brexit won't change a thing in that regard. It's just more turmoil for them to profit off. The country will get sold off in chunks over the next few decades. The labour market is not going to magically get easier for all these people. It will get harder.
              Last edited by dogzilla; 16 July 2020, 22:07.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
                Importing skills to erode the rights and pay of national citizens is exactly what the globalist corporate capitalist neo-liberal goons intended, and it's happening everywhere.
                The technology boom over the last 30 years has been a huge opportunity which has a few people unthinkably rich. Most of them going to great lengths to avoid paying taxes at the expense of everyone else, leading to this incredible global tax avoidance regime being accepted and normalised.

It's mad when you think about it. We're done as a country, as a society, as a species. I'm just hoping to make enough money with the time I have left to stay onto of the tulip pile that's burning away underneath my feet. Selfish I know but, that's life. Dog eat dog.

p.s Brexit won't change a thing in that regard. It's just more turmoil for them to profit off. The country will get sold off in chunks over the next few decades. The labour market is not going to magically get easier for all these people. It will get harder.
                Ok DogZilla, I will bite:

And where are you going to live then given that the global tax avoidance scheme will affect us all?
                And how are you going to live, if the intention is to be mortgage free and cash rich?

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
                  Ok DogZilla, I will bite:

And where are you going to live then given that the global tax avoidance scheme will affect us all?
                  And how are you going to live, if the intention is to be mortgage free and cash rich?
                  I don't earn enough money to get involved in the elite multi-national tax avoidance schemes, just small time avoidance for plebs like £2 a week home office and 40p a mile in petrol.

Very fortunate that the mortgages are paid off, the only question is where do I want to put roots down and spend the rest of my working/retirement life, hopefully in peace away from crowds of people.

Wife is an in demand doctor so fortunately have pick of quite a few countries which will take us. NZ or Canada are probably top of the list.

Comment

I have noticed on Linkedin that a lot of Indians have been made redundant due to COVID in English Europe and are begging for a job.The problem is that they landed an English speaking role and the only available jobs require a foreign language.
                    After they pay their accomodation and food they send the rest of the money home.This means that they don't have a large war chest.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                      I have noticed on Linkedin that a lot of Indians have been made redundant due to COVID in English Europe and are begging for a job.The problem is that they landed an English speaking role and the only available jobs require a foreign language.
                      After they pay their accomodation and food they send the rest of the money home.This means that they don't have a large war chest.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                      They will have a war chest back in India or they would have invested all the money in properties which is quite common.

Comment

Working...
                      X