• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TCS Cognizant etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCS Cognizant etc

Yes we have you guys to thank for knocking the contract rates through the floor feeling proud?

Admin before you get excited no abuse here just disappointing such parasites of this world are allowed to prosper.

2?

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post
      Yes we have you guys to thank for knocking the contract rates through the floor feeling proud?

Admin before you get excited no abuse here just disappointing such parasites of this world are allowed to prosper.
      I hear TCS has offered 1000’s of free contractors (as already in UK on bench collecting Salary) so nothing better to do

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Sigh. Just another type of luddite.

If it's not machines taking your jobs, then it's immigrants, if not immigrants then it's other cheaper labour.
        Tough sh1t if you're skills aren't in high enough demand or there's an over supply. It's a market.
        TCS/WiPro/ et al aren't the problem. An imbalance of supply to meet demand is the problem. The market will correct.

Has it ever occured to you that if you're providing a service in a market where supply is limted that the situation will only be temporary?
        Or has it ever occured that the reason you've been paid so well previously is just one part of the market that TCS etc are also in?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          I hear TCS has offered 1000’s of free contractors (as already in UK on bench collecting Salary) so nothing better to do
          Which "friend" told you this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Sigh. Just another type of luddite.

If it's not machines taking your jobs, then it's immigrants, if not immigrants then it's other cheaper labour.
            Tough sh1t if you're skills aren't in high enough demand or there's an over supply. It's a market.
            TCS/WiPro/ et al aren't the problem. An imbalance of supply to meet demand is the problem. The market will correct.

Has it ever occured to you that if you're providing a service in a market where supply is limted that the situation will only be temporary?
            Or has it ever occured that the reason you've been paid so well previously is just one part of the market that TCS etc are also in?
            This is just complete bollocks and you really shouldnt let facts stand in the way of your bias.

Cognizant havent just driven down rates in the last year or so. I worked on a project with Virgin Money back in 2014. The going rate on the Sapphire project was an average £400 a day.

Cognizant wins the sole supplier contract and starts bringing in people on £150 a day. Next, it's 'Cognizant can reduce the contractor costs to a commercial level so why shouldnt the existing contractors work for less?'

Neither is that the only time Im aware of Cognizant driving down rates.

Seriously, stop chatting your bulltulip.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

No it's fine. I checked with a left-wing woke friend of mine, and he said that cultural observations are ok. Probably but don't push it.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              2?

Probably.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

TCS Cognizant etc

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                This is just complete bollocks and you really shouldnt let facts stand in the way of your bias.

Cognizant havent just driven down rates in the last year or so. I worked on a project with Virgin Money back in 2014. The going rate on the Sapphire project was an average £400 a day.

Cognizant wins the sole supplier contract and starts bringing in people on £150 a day. Next, it's 'Cognizant can reduce the contractor costs to a commercial level so why shouldnt the existing contractors work for less?'

Neither is that the only time Im aware of Cognizant driving down rates.

Seriously, stop chatting your bulltulip.
                If someone offers broadly the same service, for less money, how is that not a market force?
                Their resources cost less, so they sell them for less.
                No matter how much it hurts you, and me, it’s reality.

And if the service they offer is a lower quality, then they’re not driving costs down, they are just offering a lesser service for less money.

If however, there was collusion between the outsourcers that would be illegal and your point would stand. But they’re not colluding as they don’t need to, as their resources cost less... this is really simple...
                Last edited by Lance; 25 April 2020, 14:02.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  No it's fine. I checked with a left-wing woke friend of mine, and he said that cultural observations are ok. Probably but don't push it.

Probably.
                  Doubtful. Already at 17.

Unless it's a sleeper? Loooong game played.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    If someone offers broadly the same service, for less money, how is that not a market force?
                    Hahaha, oh you’re serious? Keep going then...
                    Originally posted by Lance
                    Their resources cost less, so they sell them for less.
                    No matter how much it hurts you, and me, it’s reality.
                    They deffo cost less - it’s their only competitive feature.

Originally posted by Lance
                    And if the service they offer is a lower quality, then they’re not driving costs down, they are just offering a lesser service for less money.

If however, there was collusion between the outsourcers that would be illegal and your point would stand. But they’re not colluding as they don’t need to, as their resources cost less... this is really simple...
                    IF?
                    You’ve never worked with people from these places have you? Come on, admit it...
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                    X