• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thomas Personality Tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    You can modify your behaviour but how you do it is a sum of your personality, life experiences, willpower and so on.

For example, one person ending up under a bridge and living in a cardboard home can still laugh about it and another can seek relief in taking drugs

If you are interested in the topic, there is a nice article for you:

12.3 Is Personality More Nature or More Nurture? Behavioural and Molecular Genetics – Introduction to Psychology – 1st Canadian Edition
    I did plenty enough psychology at college, thanks.

Comment

Personality is something you are born with and you cannot change it just like you cannot change your skin colour.

I think these types of tests should be illegal as they facilitate discrimination.

It is a good filter of bad employers though.
      Actually the math one should be illegal as well since it discriminates against those who's short term memory has gone up in smoke. Strangely silent so far from the previously excited HR person.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
        Actually the math one should be illegal as well since it discriminates against those who's short term memory has gone up in smoke. Strangely silent so far from the previously excited HR person.
        That depends as you wouldn't hire any kind of person to play a Pope in your movie.

Comment

Personality is something you are born with and you cannot change it just like you cannot change your skin colour.

I think these types of tests should be illegal as they facilitate discrimination.

They're not measuring personality anyway. They're measuring your ability to game a personality test. You can research how to manipulate these tests to get ideal results.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
            They're not measuring personality anyway. They're measuring your ability to game a personality test. You can research how to manipulate these tests to get ideal results.
            Exactly I am now a master

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

This is why I love personality tests and behavioural interviews. Wondering if your potential future work colleagues are borderline sociopaths or have other major psychological issues that will have you reaching for the vodka bottle at the end of the day? Well no need to trawl glassdoor for the truth just observe their hiring process.

Every time I've interviewed and I a) liked the interviewers and b) thought the process fair, reasonable and sometimes fun the subsequent role was great and I enjoyed my time there. Every time I went through some bull process to get in I ended up working with insufferable tw*ts.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Exactly I am now a master
                Exactly. We all know you don't actually have any redeeming personality traits

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                  I've just been asked to do two of these ridiculous personality tests for a permie role. The first was a test to see how much you can follow directions, how many hoops you will jump through, how much short term memory you have and if you will follow directions. There was 20 minutes of a flash app saying "Bob is shorter than mary" and then it would dissapear and the question would appear - "Who is taller, Bob or Mary?" Then there was another 30 minutes of identifiying what capital Rs match others when rotated and how many sets of letter match up.

The second was even worse, an amateur personality test asking me 75 times if I am more "trusting or vigorous?" Are you more pioneering or optimistic?

Maybe next they will ask me to send in a handwriting sample for analysis.

Two hours wasted, I almost hope I failed so I don't have to work with ******* who believe in those kind of tests..

Anyone had experience with this?
                  Imagine the kind of company that you'd be working for who think that such tests are valuable. Then ask yourself if that's the kind of company you actually want to work for.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                    Imagine the kind of company that you'd be working for who think that such tests are valuable. Then ask yourself if that's the kind of company you actually want to work for.
                    Last year I wouldn't have even considered taking such a test. Nor would I have even read the job spec based upon the salary.
                    Unfortunately, our new reality is that I will spend 30 minutes counting the rows that have a different letter in them for the possibility of being granted a telephone interview for a role earning half of my last one. Everyone reading this might no be at that point yet, but you will be soon.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      No point asking this load of chumps. Most of them think they've passed by even having a personality and even then they are just kidding themselves.

You need to find someone who's won an internationally recognised award for their personality to ask.
                      You called?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X