• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thomas Personality Tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually HM raises an interesting point.

You so often get zero feedback from interviews etc that I wonder if a subject access request would shed some light on what the interviewer(s) really thought of you. Effectively all those bits of paper that people create for interviews ought be dealt with properly under all the various data legislations.

As NLUK says, one may not like the answer!

Comment

I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't like the results. I've got no short term memory , can't follow instructions and have no tolerance for being told to do stupid things. If I actually do get an interview, it will prove those tests do not work.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
        I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't like the results. I've got no short term memory , can't follow instructions and have no tolerance for being told to do stupid things. If I actually do get an interview, it will prove those tests do not work.
        Don't put yourself down, maybe that's exactly what they're looking for. This is a perm job, after all.

Comment

So why worry when you are going to forget all about it tomorrow?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thomas Personality Tests

I've just been asked to do two of these ridiculous personality tests for a permie role. The first was a test to see how much you can follow directions, how many hoops you will jump through, how much short term memory you have and if you will follow directions. There was 20 minutes of a flash app saying "Bob is shorter than mary" and then it would dissapear and the question would appear - "Who is taller, Bob or Mary?" Then there was another 30 minutes of identifiying what capital Rs match others when rotated and how many sets of letter match up.

The second was even worse, an amateur personality test asking me 75 times if I am more "trusting or vigorous?" Are you more pioneering or optimistic?

Maybe next they will ask me to send in a handwriting sample for analysis.

Two hours wasted, I almost hope I failed so I don't have to work with ******* who believe in those kind of tests..

Anyone had experience with this?
            Ahhh metro bank ???

Yes a few times with different companies these exact tests. Depending on the position the higher score you need.

You will probably fail if not done these in a while, as need to answer really quickly. I failed my very 1st one in the R turning - but can do them in my sleep now (after some training by mudskipper)

If you fail, tell them you had bad internet connection and they will send another

Send that one to me, and for a bottle of wine I will get you top 5%

These are the things you need to do for permie roles. !

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

These types of test are there to justify Karen in HR and/or Karen in Learning and Development's existence.

They'll have nothing to do with you once you've joined, and the people that actually do the work of the organisation will get to know about you at that point.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I had to do some tests for a corporate job I had. I promptly failed the maths one (I'm rubbish at mental maths, doubly so under pressure. Good job I don't fly planes or anything...) and they gave me the job anyway.

Comment

Personality is something you are born with and you cannot change it just like you cannot change your skin colour.

I think these types of tests should be illegal as they facilitate discrimination.

It is a good filter of bad employers though.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                    Personality is something you are born with and you cannot change it just like you cannot change your skin colour.

I think these types of tests should be illegal as they facilitate discrimination.

It is a good filter of bad employers though.
                    Yea olde nature / nurture debate?

I think you're born with a potential and your environment determines what comes of it (or what you make of it). Your upbringing and life experiences have a huge influence on your personality. You're almost talking original sin levels of pre-determined personality.

Comment

You can modify your behaviour but how you do it is a sum of your personality, life experiences, willpower and so on.

For example, one person ending up under a bridge and living in a cardboard home can still laugh about it and another can seek relief in taking drugs

If you are interested in the topic, there is a nice article for you:

12.3 Is Personality More Nature or More Nurture? Behavioural and Molecular Genetics – Introduction to Psychology – 1st Canadian Edition

Comment

Working...
                      X