• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone considered running multiple contracts during this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone considered running multiple contracts during this?

As the old adage goes "The Chinese have the same word for crisis and opportunity", I've just knocked back an email from an agent as I am one of the few fortunate to still be engaged during this pandemic, but should I be looking to run multiple gigs at the same time while I can?

I know the flippant answer will be yes, and do I really want the added stress of trying to juggle two diaries for meetings etc? Am I selfish for hogging two roles when I should be helping out those contractors on the bench?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

If you can juggle the time and you have clients focussed on what you deliver rather than how many hours a day (or days a week) you're working for them, then why not?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      If you can juggle the time and you have clients focussed on what you deliver rather than how many hours a day (or days a week) you're working for them, then why not?
      If they look for hours spent on a project, then that is unlikely forming a business relationship. If the engagement is outcome based then surely running multiple project could be viable if you could hire someone to help in peak times and deliver on time.

Comment

If neither of the roles have exclusivity over you then this will go in your favour with regards IR35 so I say go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura@SGAccounting View Post
          If neither of the roles have exclusivity over you then this will go in your favour with regards IR35 so I say go for it!
          Not really. A hypothetical contract is established for each engagement. In-business factors are minor.

OP: sure, why not? You don't need a pandemic to do this. Juggle whatever combination of T&M and fixed price work you can get - keeps things interesting.

Comment

Fill yer boots.

Comment

If you can manage more than one client and manage any expectations over times. Eg wanting you 09:00-17:00 exclusively every day. Then go for it.

However if either client or even worse both clients harbours any ambition on exclusivity over working time. Especially standard UK/EU business hours then you could find yourself fighting battles when you could be better deployed to delivery of your projects.
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Working on it already.

Have one client who want me "available" 9-5 evan though th job is a lot less than that. Working with another potential client on pitches for two piece of bespoke work with clear timescales and deliverables.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...taneously.html

And again, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Not really. A hypothetical contract is established for each engagement. In-business factors are minor.
                    It worked for Lorraine Kelly.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X