• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decisions...decisions...Perm vs Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    What are the advantages of employment contract over inside IR35 for an employer to even consider it?
    If you're not interested in learning, there's no point in me repeating myself.

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    The new norm will be perm roles for core staff and rest will work on rolling inside IR35.
    Perm roles for critical, high value positions, contracts for others. And no, I don't just mean value = £££ per hour, neither do I expect many rolling contracts. The cost and effort is too high.

Companies do not reduce their long-term costs by putting in contractors. They should be putting in contractors who are highly skilled to fulfil specific project-related roles. They can bring in temp staff for maternity cover, etc, but they don't need the hassle of contractors for that.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      If you're not interested in learning, there's no point in me repeating myself.

Perm roles for critical, high value positions, contracts for others. And no, I don't just mean value = £££ per hour, neither do I expect many rolling contracts. The cost and effort is too high.

Companies do not reduce their long-term costs by putting in contractors. They should be putting in contractors who are highly skilled to fulfil specific project-related roles. They can bring in temp staff for maternity cover, etc, but they don't need the hassle of contractors for that.
      I think you are referring to the current regulations, but the new changes coming in April next year are game changing. It offers flexibility for companies so that they don't have to worry about unions, equal pay and other things they have to accommodate currently. They will get all the benefits of employment without the negatives. Permanent employment will be a privilege afforded only to the core staff.

Comment

Working...
      X