• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Me posting the first adv to hire people, who would say

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are looking for a contractor, then you are hiring a company, not specific people.

If you are looking for specific people, then you are looking for an employee.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Job specs is permie talk

Something like

I need and experience full stack developer with x skills
      I need a app developer blah blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      I need a bunch of people that know how to troubleshoot Microsoft Teams to work supporting end users for a few weeks for an event that is happening online

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
        If you are looking for a contractor, then you are hiring a company, not specific people.

Indeed.

Comment

The Register is also currently offering a free jobs listing service, may be worth checking out:

Looking for a new tech gig? Here are vacancies for web devs, games programmers, server engineers and more • The Register

Comment

Originally posted by techperson View Post
            I need a bunch of people that know how to troubleshoot Microsoft Teams to work supporting end users for a few weeks for an event that is happening online
            Ahhh ok, I thought you were looking for experienced IT contractors not call centre equivalent 1st/2nd level support guys

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

It would not be appropriate to post job specs here, perhaps even against forums rules. I'm looking for guidance about the best places I can find the right candidates at the moment.
              Occasional adhoc posting of requirements is ok. But with your requirements, I think a job board is more appropriate.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post

that's great when thinking about to from teh perspective of a contractor. The OP doesn't want all the BS. They want some people to do a simple job.

There's a time and a place for rolling out trite answers. And this is not it.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Teams client support?
                  You need some desktop jockeys for that.
                  Jobserve etc. will be fine.
                  Also LinkedIn.

But prepare to be spammed.

You might consider at this stage that it's probably much harder to find the right people than you think. You might want to find a MS partner who have a load of people on the bench. That will cost you more like £600 a day though, and there aren't many Teams experienced people on any bench right now.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Last time I tried Jobserve was highly recommended to me, but when I tried to apply for some jobs it was like applying to non existing jobs becuase there was never feedback, anything. It gave the impression it was a dogdy dating website with fake profiles

I checked jobserve £365 for 1 job advert for 30 days and technojobs £290 for 30 days as well.

I'm just wondering if I'll be wasting my time using those, and if you folks have some other places to recommend?
                    Jobserve is by far the best, the fact that you didn't get replies when you were applying means the agents weren't interested in you. And yes there is the occasional fake job but that's on every website especially LinkedIn which links you through five websites to find out (after mandatory registration) the job is not existing or 3 months old
                    Technojobs is rubbish as well

Comment

For your sub-contracting work , try Eastern Europe and/or Philippines, Srilanka, even Malaysia. I have seen really brilliant minds there. Avoid India as it has become expensive. You can't afford them and make a profit as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X