• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Me posting the first adv to hire people, who would say

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techperson View Post
    I'm trying to keep a low profile for this project, putting on my company page may eventually reach my customer somehow and I want to avoid that.
    Why are you concerned that your client finds out you don't already have the resources?

If you've sold your company as already having the skills, you'd better be confident that the people you "hire" are good. Nothing will diminish your client's confidence in you more than giving them people who turn out to be no good and you having to replace them at short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The Register is also currently offering a free jobs listing service, may be worth checking out:

Looking for a new tech gig? Here are vacancies for web devs, games programmers, server engineers and more • The Register
      I'llhave a look into that, thanks!

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Ahhh ok, I thought you were looking for experienced IT contractors not call centre equivalent 1st/2nd level support guys

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      It is 1st line support but not necessarily the call centre type, you would be surprised how many people get MS Teams wrong

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Occasional adhoc posting of requirements is ok. But with your requirements, I think a job board is more appropriate.
      ok, thanks

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      Teams client support?
      You need some desktop jockeys for that.
      Jobserve etc. will be fine.
      Also LinkedIn.

But prepare to be spammed.

You might consider at this stage that it's probably much harder to find the right people than you think. You might want to find a MS partner who have a load of people on the bench. That will cost you more like £600 a day though, and there aren't many Teams experienced people on any bench right now.
      I'm going to post on jobserve, it seems it is indeed the best platform at the moment according to you folks. I've spoke to 1 MS partner so far, £550 per day for 1 person that is doing 1st line is a bit though to crew. I bet they are paying £150-200 for that.

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Jobserve is by far the best, the fact that you didn't get replies when you were applying means the agents weren't interested in you. And yes there is the occasional fake job but that's on every website especially LinkedIn which links you through five websites to find out (after mandatory registration) the job is not existing or 3 months old
      Technojobs is rubbish as well
      It could have been the case, who knows. It is just strange that even when I tried some really crap jobs just to see how it would go there was still no answer. Some people that I asked on Linkedin groups reported similar experience. Linkedin for job posting is awful when the employer doesn't offer that 1 click to apply, like you said you need to register on several portals to achieve the same end result as with a 1 click apply button.

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
      For your sub-contracting work , try Eastern Europe and/or Philippines, Srilanka, even Malaysia. I have seen really brilliant minds there. Avoid India as it has become expensive. You can't afford them and make a profit as well.
      I'm plkanning to give a go at upwork and a few others to gauge the quality of applicants. ANy places you gueest in specific?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Why are you concerned that your client finds out you don't already have the resources?

If you've sold your company as already having the skills, you'd better be confident that the people you "hire" are good. Nothing will diminish your client's confidence in you more than giving them people who turn out to be no good and you having to replace them at short notice.
        I'm not sure where I said I'm concerned, I said I want to avoid that. The customer doesn't need to know the process and the rates involved. The same as their main contractor is doing with them. Please don't make assumptions without knowing the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by techperson View Post
          I'm not sure where I said I'm concerned, I said I want to avoid that. The customer doesn't need to know the process and the rates involved. The same as their main contractor is doing with them. Please don't make assumptions without knowing the facts.
          Why else would you want to avoid that, if not for concern? But, let's not play word games.

As I said, the most important thing for you is to ensure that you are confident in putting these contractors you don't know (that you obviously want as as cheaply as possible since you're not willing to pay to find them) in front of one of your first customers.

A new company's reputation can made or broken on these initial engagements.

Comment

Here's somebody looking for Video call engineers:

Microsoft Teams Voice and Video Engineer
            London - £60k - £90k per annum
            Permanent
            Posted by: Michael Page Technology
            Posted: Monday, 18 May 2020

Microsoft Teams Voice and Video Engineer - London - May-18-2020 (Hz2xJ)

Maybe you could call the recruiter and get him to sell you a few CVs

Comment

Working...
            X