• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Me posting the first adv to hire people, who would say

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me posting the first adv to hire people, who would say

Hey folks, from a wanna be contractor last year that left his permie job, to the struggles of building a business up, it seems things are slowly working out evne though with covid-19 around trying to shaft me.

Finally, the time has come to be to hire some contractors to help me deliver some projects and I was wondering if the same search engines are still relevant, or perhaps specific Linkedin groups, Facebook groups, etc...

Last time I tried Jobserve was highly recommended to me, but when I tried to apply for some jobs it was like applying to non existing jobs becuase there was never feedback, anything. It gave the impression it was a dogdy dating website with fake profiles

I checked jobserve £365 for 1 job advert for 30 days and technojobs £290 for 30 days as well.

I'm just wondering if I'll be wasting my time using those, and if you folks have some other places to recommend?
    Last edited by techperson; 17 May 2020, 10:23.

Create a profile for your company on LinkedIn and advertise your jobs there? You may need to upgrade to a premium account which is about 40 quid for a month.

Comment

If you think 365 quid is expensive to hire the best professional to generate you tens of thousands of income wait until you hire one for free..........
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        If you think 365 quid is expensive to hire the best professional to generate you tens of thousands of income wait until you hire one for free..........
        Please quote me where I was saying it is expensive or where I was trying to hire someone for free? I asked if those websites are still relevant considering it seems like there are lots of fake adverts and could be driving good people away. I also asked if people find relevant to try other channels and their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Create a profile for your company on LinkedIn and advertise your jobs there? You may need to upgrade to a premium account which is about 40 quid for a month.
          I'm trying to keep a low profile for this project, putting on my company page may eventually reach my customer somehow and I want to avoid that.

Comment

Post requirements here then

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by techperson View Post
              Please quote me where I was saying it is expensive or where I was trying to hire someone for free? I asked if those websites are still relevant considering it seems like there are lots of fake adverts and could be driving good people away. I also asked if people find relevant to try other channels and their opinion.
              Jobsite, jobserve, total jobs, all seem to have the same jobs on them so I guess they serve a purpose. There will always be fake jobs but write the spec well and people will recognise you have a proper job and you'll be inundated.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Post requirements here then

It would not be appropriate to post job specs here, perhaps even against forums rules. I'm looking for guidance about the best places I can find the right candidates at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Jobsite, jobserve, total jobs, all seem to have the same jobs on them so I guess they serve a purpose. There will always be fake jobs but write the spec well and people will recognise you have a proper job and you'll be inundated.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by techperson View Post
                    It would not be appropriate to post job specs here, perhaps even against forums rules. I'm looking for guidance about the best places I can find the right candidates at the moment.
                    Job specs is permie talk

Something like

I need and experience full stack developer with x skills
                    I need a app developer blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                    X