• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone starting new contracts and pushing for more WFH post corona?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone starting new contracts and pushing for more WFH post corona?

Obviously recently all companies were forced to have staff WFH, and in coming months will likely return to the office in stages.

Any companies that were not pro-WFH will now not have as much of an excuse anymore because of this forced "trial-run" they have done.

How do you think this will pan out? I personally am thinking about doing much less time in the office after seeing the productivity gains from less coffee dock chats

Are people seeing any changes already? A lot of companies in my area are mostly pro-work-in-office (maybe 1 day WFH), so wondering if this will change their thinking.

How can we see changes already? We are in the middle of a once in a lifetime global pandemic....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's an opportunity to:
      - reduce office space costs
      - reduce facilities staff costs
      - attract staff unable to live in, or travel to your office location(s)

There will still be many "bum on seat" expecting managers, who will have some input into these type of decisions, for fear of their own jobs for one thing.

Smart companies with the tech already in place will have seen how seamlessly in CAN work, so will only continue to do it (to what extent is the question).

My current client for example, adjusted without blinking (our department really), and if they can do it, anyone can. It's a part of the NHS.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        How can we see changes already? We are in the middle of a once in a lifetime global pandemic....
        Companies are already planning their return to office space, with different ideas on how to manage this.

Comment

It's funny isn't it how all the "sensitive" clients that got massively political, bitchy and back-stabby about working from home have suddenly discovered that actually it is possible, the same work gets done, that people are a lot happier...

Will they learn their lesson, I wonder... they've had years to implement this and so many of them chose to be difficult instead.
          Last edited by PerfectStorm; 17 May 2020, 16:38.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            It's funny isn't it how all the "sensitive" clients that got massively political, bitchy and back-stabby about working from home have suddenly discovered that actually it is possible, the same work gets done, that people are a lot happier...

Will they learn their lesson, I wonder... they've had years to implement this and so many of them chose to be difficult instead.
            I think some are learning the lesson. The problem is for those “contractors” who can be replaced by an offshore resource, that’s exactly what will happen.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              I think some are learning the lesson. The problem is for those “contractors” who can be replaced by an offshore resource, that’s exactly what will happen.
              Oh bugger...
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                "..what will happen."

I find your lack of past tense disturbing.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Personally, I think theres going to be a lot more WFH. As OP said - because of the forced trial run....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Personally, I think theres going to be a lot more WFH. As OP said - because of the forced trial run....
                    What's your plan for when WFH bods start changing their own keyboards?

Comment

Working...
                    X