• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face to face interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face to face interviews

I have an interview coming up, so far it looks like a face to face meeting , So how should I prepare?
    I could wear a simple face mask, or would a surgical mask be better. I did try their HR
    department , but they could not help, i will ask the agent, but any ideas
    Last edited by ContractorMike; 25 May 2020, 17:35.

Refuse....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Refuse....
      Not "Ask your accountant"??

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorMike View Post
        I have an interview coming up, so far it looks like a face to face meeting , So how should I prepare?
        I could wear a simple face mask, or would a surgical mask be better. I did try their HR
        department , but they could not help, i will ask the agent, but any ideas
        why not ask if you could do the 'face to face' on SKYPE or something? Its not that you are going to shake their hands.

Comment

Well, you'll only be wearing a mask to protect them, so if they're not bothered, it's their call. You could ask whether the interviewers will wear masks to protect you. Or whether the interview will be carried out with a 2m distance in a properly sanitised room.

Or just turn up in a spacesuit with your own air.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Honestly, if you're that paranoid then you should probably cancel the interview and just stay at home, alone, for the rest of your life.
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Loads seem to be doing it over Teams or similar these days, ask for that. Or take the risk and sit at the far end of the room!
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                Honestly, if you're that paranoid then you should probably cancel the interview and just stay at home, alone, for the rest of your life.
                Because life is always binary black or white?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Because life is always binary black or white?
                  Is it? Thanks for letting me know.
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                    Is it? Thanks for letting me know.
                    It was a question.

Comment

Working...
                    X