• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face to face interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you be expected to WFH or go to an office?

If it's the latter I would turn up in full Hazmat to the interview including an N95 mask (which happen to be N0 when you breathe out).

If the former insist on Skype.

If you pussy out, call HR and ask them to ask the interviewers how THEY will be dressing, and dress according to your risk appetite.

Comment

I’d ask if it is possible to have the interview over skype.

If they say no and you really want the role buy one of those full head on masks. It’s a few hundred £ and put it on expenses.

But I’d careful going for a role with a manager like this, for a role that could be done arguably done remotely. This will be only the peak of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        If the former insist on Skype.
        Is the job based in 2007?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
          Is the job based in 2007?
          I'm in the ICQ chatroom ready and waiting for them to say eh-oh!
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            I'm in the ICQ chatroom ready and waiting for them to say eh-oh!
            I have my IRC bot answering interview questions.

Comment

Blimey I remember ICQ! I bet that's still running

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It was a question.
                Was it?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Blimey I remember ICQ! I bet that's still running
                  It is but you'd be daft to use it..

Cooperation with Russian intelligence servicesEdit

According to a Novaya Gazeta article published in May 2018, Russian intelligence agencies have access to online reading of ICQ users' correspondence. The article examined 34 sentences of Russian courts, during the investigation of which the evidence of the defendants' guilt was obtained by reading correspondence on a PC or mobile devices. Of the fourteen cases in which ICQ was involved, in six cases the capturing of information occurred before the seizure of the device. The reason for the article was the blocking of the Telegram service and the recommendation of the Advisor to the President of the Russian Federation Herman Klimenko to use ICQ instead.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X