• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Audit Check for the purpose of vetting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audit Check for the purpose of vetting

Hello,

I need some advice. I have been contracting with a client for a couple of months and oddly i have received a notification from my client to consent to previous education and employment references because of vetting? I went through all sorts of vetting at the beginning of my contract and now it is being audited?

"employment references will be obtained by HR contacts where possible unless specifcally requested not to, and these contacts will be verified with the client verbally. I consent to the information i have provided being used by the vetting team for the pirposes of vetting"

"I consent to a financial check... criminal background check being carried out"

Has anyone had this? Or have any thoughts on this?

The only time I've had a revalidation check whilst in contract was after I'd had three weeks off and they wanted to be sure it wasn't at HM's pleasure.

It could simply be a random audit check to make sure that the job was done properly. I wouldn't be too concerned tbh.

Comment

When an audit happens and if it is identified that the proof for the earlier checks are missing, then it is likely that they may redo it for the purposes of compliance. I wouldn't worry about it unless there is a reason to worry

Comment

Thanks for the advice but i've only had one or two days leave. And find it odd how their checking the same information they obtained at the start of the contract...Maybe i'm overthinking this?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
          When an audit happens and if it is identified that the proof for the earlier checks are missing, then it is likely that they may redo it for the purposes of compliance. I wouldn't worry about it unless there is a reason to worry
          No theres nothing to worry about. Just strange thing when you think you get passed all that compliance stuff that actually you might have to undergo all of it again..

Comment

You are. Every vetting process has to be audited at some point and your chance of being picked is much like being selected for a pat down at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by ajd86uk View Post
              Hello,

I need some advice. I have been contracting with a client for a couple of months and oddly i have received a notification from my client to consent to previous education and employment references because of vetting? I went through all sorts of vetting at the beginning of my contract and now it is being audited?

"employment references will be obtained by HR contacts where possible unless specifcally requested not to, and these contacts will be verified with the client verbally. I consent to the information i have provided being used by the vetting team for the pirposes of vetting"

you wishing you didn't say you came top in the Maths Tripos?

Comment

Originally posted by ajd86uk View Post
                Hello,

Had all that, inside leg measurement, star sign, favourite coffee beans, the lot in Canary Wharf gigs. Banking vetters seem to want to keep adding more stuff to justify their existence.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Had all that, inside leg measurement, star sign, favourite coffee beans, the lot in Canary Wharf gigs. Banking vetters seem to want to keep adding more stuff to justify their existence.
                  And there's definite camps on the coffee front! The bearded hipsters like the modern coffee tulip that Taylor Street serve and normal people like the more traditional roast that is just about passable (best of a bad bunch) from Brera. My chain go-to is usually Caffe Nero but I think the closest still is the one in Jubilee Place, which is a bit of a trek if you're not based that side of the wharf.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    And there's definite camps on the coffee front! The bearded hipsters like the modern coffee tulip that Taylor Street serve and normal people like the more traditional roast that is just about passable (best of a bad bunch) from Brera. My chain go-to is usually Caffe Nero but I think the closest still is the one in Jubilee Place, which is a bit of a trek if you're not based that side of the wharf.
                    TS has become a Black Sheep which is possibly even more hip

Comment

Working...
                    X