• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Ltd Co Working In Sweden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Ltd Co Working In Sweden

I am in discussion about working for a Swedish company through a UK Ltd Co (One Man Band) but being based in the UK. Does anyone have any experience of the implications of such a move.

My initial research is:

As a UK Limited company operating primarily from the UK, I would be subject to corporation tax under the usual scenario in the UK. How things are placed in Sweden, I would/do not know – and now going through the thread of things, it would appear that:

• I will only receive gross payment if you are registered for F-tax in Sweden;
    • If you register for F-tax, you will receive gross payments, rather than net post Swedish tax;
    • Registering for F-tax will more than likely require you to prepare and submit relevant returns in Sweden.
    • It would appear I only have to pay the F-tax if I have a permanent establishment in Sweden – d. On a very quick, brief read of that, I am thinking that I wont be deemed to have a permanent establishment in Sweden – which would mean not liable to tax in Sweden…. But there is also potentially VAT and personal implications.

Am just trying to get my head round things am looking for anyone who has had a similar experience or knowledge of this type of role.

Many thanks
    DonG

Unless you have 3 directors with 2 of them based permanently outside Sweden then your company is operating from Sweden.

The alternative is to work in Sweden a few days per month.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X