• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company Director Change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
    Get your Bounce Back Loan, pay your creditors. That deals with the 1st, most pressing issue and is the cheapest way out short of someone giving you £ for nothing.

(edit: Pay the CT 1st, they charge interest on that one, but not on VAT. You've probably already had the penalties for the VAT anyway, so effectively its not costing any more than lost sleep currently)

Then... keep trading, paying everything on time (inc. the BBL when it becomes due) or stop invoicing, but keep the business open and keep paying money in yourself (assume no cash in the business) in 'till the BBL is repaid.

(a 3rd option is to then fold the business in a few months / years and the gov't sorts out the mess with the lender, but by then you'd have repaid the CT, VAT and kept up to date with future liabilities (...right?! do it! Don't make the mistake twice!), so you could argue the loan was valid *now* to get you through Covid and circumstances *then* (i.e. in the future) have caused the business to fail) - not morally good and might still bite you... There will be shed loads of small businesses going under post covid and mid recession, you have to hope that having a clean CT, PAYE and VAT slate together with *some* repayment to the BBL will make you less likely to show up on the IS radar for a closer look. Danger: you might fall fowl of pheonixing if you fold and restart in a shiny new PSC to keep on contracting... Umbrella might be the way to go for you!

M
    Phoenix

if the company fails then phoenixing is less of an issue, however being a struck off director might be
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by 514910445 View Post
      Hi Experts,

I am looking for advise on changing Directorship to other person for my Limited Company(i am the only director currently). I have some debts to HMRC(Corp Tax(One Year) and VAT(6 Months). Will they be transferred to New Director or are they still with me? who will be responsibility to those debts?

Please help on this.

Thanks
      Ok, I'll bite: what happened to the CorpTax and VAT money that is due to HMRC?
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Phoenix
        Too busy congratulating myself with a fowl pun to notice! (now corrected!)

Cheers!
        Last edited by mjcp; 1 June 2020, 16:02.

Comment

To busy congratulating myself with a fowl pun to notice! (now corrected!)

Cheers!
          Too
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

To busy congratulating myself with a fowl pun to notice! (now corrected!)
            To busy or not too busy, that is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Ok, I'll bite: what happened to the CorpTax and VAT money that is due to HMRC?
              Spent at a guess - probably lost a contract and haven't had one since. Now the money's probably nearly all run out and they don't know where their next monthly bills are going to be paid from.

Now isn't the time for anyone to get preachy about war-chests - we're far from that situation and the guy is clearly desperate enough to be considering illegal things.

First thing I'd do is ring HMRC and explain that you've let this all get on top of you and admit that you panicked. You won't be the first person (or the last) that's new to contracting and didn't get a full understanding of the VAT and tax side because you hoped your accountant would just simply deal with everything. Ask them what you can do to get back on track because it's causing you stress and sleepless nights. Be humble and grateful and accept whatever they say. Form a plan to achieve it and put it into action. The hardest part is achieving any of it without any income though; ask them to factor that in whatever advice they provide.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The OP never came back, so we'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  He's gone the whole hog and moved some backwards country with no Internet or phone coverage. Just hope he doesn't bump in to PC.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    The latest thread re SC is Specifically In General.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X