• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NPPV3 + SC + DBS Check Advice Needed please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPPV3 + SC + DBS Check Advice Needed please

Hi

I have just been offered a new job but have been told the following security checks will be carried out NPPV3 + SC + DBS. I don't know much about the law and have never ever been in trouble with the police. This afternoon I was pulled over by a police officer for the Coronavirus Law - The officer cautioned me under the coronavirus law as he believed I was in breach of the 2 meter rule. The offer mentioned I will be reported and the worst outcome will be a fine. I was also issued a fine as I was parked on double yellow lines too.

I am only 1 week away from the starting date of this job and Im worried now as Im not sure if this is taken into account in the checks.

Does anyone know or could anyone please offer me any information regarding this?

Thank You.

See here: Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cautions and fines aren't an issue generally.

If you've been arrested or worse, it could be an issue - a bank, for example, would be far less bothered about you getting in a fight at 18 than committing fraud when you're 38.

Be honest on the forms - lying is worse than what you've done already in their eyes believe it or not!
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

sounds odd. If you were formally cautioned then they're not taking it any further.
        If they might take it further then you have not been cautioned.
        You might want to clarify the exact wording used.

You must be honest in your checks. Parking fine is nothing. A caution is also very low grade.
        A potential charge pending is different. So find out if it is a caution or not. Thing is, if you'd been found guilty and fined your SC application is likely not affected but something pending could well be a problem as the NSV people, and your client, might want to wait for the outcome.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Confused. DBS is a basic sanity check on your honesty. NPPV3 is a police vet somewhere CTC and SC, SC proves you can be trusted to see material up to a fairly high level (Secret but not Top Secret, for example). You don't need all three concurrently. (And yes, terminology has changed, for those that do know the current system, but CBA to look it all up1)

Unless someone is being diligent and looking to let you start with DBS, gain NPPV3 which is fairly rigorous but can be done fairly quickly (mine was two weeks...) then SC to let you in to the serious stuff. But I rather doubt it, more likely the agency is failing to understand the rules again!

But as the others have said, you can't second-guess the system, just be ruthlessly honest and see what comes out. Trivia such as your two recent experiences will not matter a damn unless someone is being particularly nit-picking. It will matter if you don't declare them.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            sounds odd. If you were formally cautioned then they're not taking it any further.

You must be honest in your checks. Parking fine is nothing. A caution is also very low grade.
            A potential charge pending is different. So find out if it is a caution or not. Thing is, if you'd been found guilty and fined your SC application is likely not affected but something pending could well be a problem as the NSV people, and your client, might want to wait for the outcome.

They said to me they would sent a letter in the post to fine. The funny thing is the officers weren’t 2 metered distance from each other neither. There was also other people walking in groups not abiding my the 2 meter rule. I’m very confused as I have never been in trouble with the police is there any advice you can give me?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Confused. DBS is a basic sanity check on your honesty. NPPV3 is a police vet somewhere CTC and SC, SC proves you can be trusted to see material up to a fairly high level (Secret but not Top Secret, for example). You don't need all three concurrently. (And yes, terminology has changed, for those that do know the current system, but CBA to look it all up1)

Unless someone is being diligent and looking to let you start with DBS, gain NPPV3 which is fairly rigorous but can be done fairly quickly (mine was two weeks...) then SC to let you in to the serious stuff. But I rather doubt it, more likely the agency is failing to understand the rules again!

But as the others have said, you can't second-guess the system, just be ruthlessly honest and see what comes out. Trivia such as your two recent experiences will not matter a damn unless someone is being particularly nit-picking. It will matter if you don't declare them.
              Do you think this will go against me is this used in the checks to go against me?

Comment

Originally posted by j0097 View Post
                They said to me they would sent a letter in the post to fine. <snipped as not relevant>
                so they are fining you or not?

A caution will show up on DBS check.
                Police cautions, warnings and penalty notices - GOV.UK

I suggest, if you don't know that you explain what happened, without emotion.

And also..... get your DBS application in ASAP before they process the paperwork. Don't try and hide anything but a recent anything on your DBS may well result in the agency/client just dropping you immediately.
                SC will be likely not be a problem if you're honest.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by j0097 View Post
                  Do you think this will go against me is this used in the checks to go against me?
                  No idea. I don't know what criteria they will apply when assessing your potential for clearance for this role. Nor will anyone else outside a very small circle.

Hence the advice you seem not to have heard: tell the truth as best you can and see what happens. Or do you imagine they won't already know about any candidate's history and won't cross check your answers with that data?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                  X