• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Equipment Clause

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment Clause

Hi all

Does anyone have suitable wording for a contract to show I will be using my own equipment? Also something that discusses specific deliverables?

Thanks
    Martin

Originally posted by Henrik67 View Post
    Hi all

Does anyone have suitable wording for a contract to show I will be using my own equipment? Also something that discusses specific deliverables?

Thanks
    Martin
    If equipment means laptop and phone, it's probably of limited use. If you need to supply your own gladiatorial equipment, radiator bleeding tools and/or chutney cutlery, then that may change things.

For deliverables, Google 'Statement of work IR35' or similar.

Comment

Hi all

Thanks
      Martin
      No deal ferry firm copied its terms and conditions from a takeaway | Daily Mail Online
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

How is this relevant?

Comment

How is this relevant?
          If you want relevant answers, I would suggest you post this in Business / Contracts or ask the mods to move this thread?

Comment

Does anyone have suitable wording for a contract to show I will be using my own equipment?
            1. Why do you want a clause saying that?
            2. Are you going direct with a client or will your contract be through someone else?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

(Moved from General to Business/Contracts, although it might get moved back)

Comment

Hi all

Thanks
                Martin
                Your personal equipment or equipment provided by your company?

Things like laptops, phones or other things like that don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  1. Why do you want a clause saying that?
                  2. Are you going direct with a client or will your contract be through someone else?
                  I believed using own equipment was a Sign (small) of independence. Going through an Agency in Poland.

Thanks

Comment

I believed using own equipment was a Sign (small) of independence. Going through an Agency in Poland.

OK, you can believe what you want.
                    It's the client, not the agent, who can say if you can use your own equipment or not when connecting to their systems.

If the client will not allow you to use your own equipment, but you have it written in to your contract, then your options are to refuse to work for the client, stating your contract, or to breach your contract.
                    If you choose to breach your contract then either you will need to draw up a new one with the agent - and hope that they don't decide to sting you for another 10% for wasting their time, or you need to hope the agent is incompetent enough not to spot you have breached it, and so they decide to pay you. But they could choose not to.

Or, there's the fun twist on it - client agrees you can use your own equipment, but insists that they install software on it which controls and monitors what you're doing. That way your equipment is now tied to them, even if you use it for other clients, for other business use or for personal use.

Comment

Working...
                    X