• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depressing - Check out this job spec (perm) for Web Developer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Nobody mentioned this very important benefit.

5 Year Milestone: Letter from the CEO

What more you want eh?
    Can we all just agree that anyone who is a director of a small limited company and calls themselves “CEO” is a twat?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      They may have passion and professionalism but they can't proof read a tweet

https://twitter.com/UniversalWebDes/...05048042803200
      Or their job adverts either.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        If that's how they all work it must be soul destroying. All facing a wall 8 hours solid a day. I assume they have to request a toilet break from someone sat behind them.

I'm not sure that lad in the cream meets all the hiring criteria either.. He needs to watch himself me thinks.

Just found something positive about them.....

https://twitter.com/UniversalWebDes/...623681/photo/1

It appears they do allow a glass of free water twice a day.... unless you are late.
        Had to double check that drawing on their right hand, looked like a coded message to the outside world about their boss
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Who says there is a market downturn. They've got 25 positions open in their careers section.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            Love this...

Working Hours

Monday to Friday = 8am to 6pm
            To be at the office no later than 7.45am
            Well it get's worse...

Universal Web Design posted on LinkedIn

Looking for a salesperson who is presentable at all times, works 365 days per year and doesn’t answer back?
            Universal Web Design posted on LinkedIn

We are so dedicated to our customers that you can contact us 7 days a week from 8:00am to 6:00pm!
            I kinda believe the glass door reviewer that says something along the lines of getting sold a gig and then it being massively different when you get in.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 5 June 2020, 21:50.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              To be fair, I think they're saying that's what a website does for you. Though it speaks wonders that that's what they think other businesses are after in a salesperson

Comment

This has to be a joke, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post
                  Probably we’ve all met similar characters, some people are just better at dressing it up. But the message and purpose could be the same.
                  Same Puritan idea of virtue through suffering and enlightenment of the working class from hard work.
                  If it was in a bank you’d have 200 phd’s fighting for it.

What is definitely missing is the HR personal touch, to make everything more diverse, open, fair and stick a bow to that smelly tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post
                    I really hope so, as mentioned above I wouldn't want anyone to get dragged into working there.

I've posted a couple of frivolous comments on linkedin and twitter, no idea if it will put people off.

Comment

Snippet from the glassdoor reviews - I'm quite disgusted:

The work environment is horrible, I quickly dreaded having to go into work. No one wants to be there and everyone is scared to look up from their screens in case they are seen to be "wasting time". Any small chit chat was frowned upon by the upper management as they basically want mindless robots who can pump out 100% productivity for every hour of the day.
                      ...taking advantage of young apprentices (no one last over 6-7 months there)

They sack people overnight without excuse and they don't pay your salary
                      ...expect you to live and breathe the company
                      working late without overtime pay
                      underpaid
                      taking away lunch breaks
                      controlling management with trust issues
                      school rules

Comment

Working...
                      X