• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depressing - Check out this job spec (perm) for Web Developer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    3 glasses of water a day.
    Next you'll be asking for toilet breaks!

Article here about Danny's career. Colchester entrepreneur Danny Nevill is planning to grow Universal Web Design during 2019 | East Anglian Daily Times With the comment "I've never seen a bigger ego"
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Developer can always wear thick pads.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Article here about Danny's career. Colchester entrepreneur Danny Nevill is planning to grow Universal Web Design during 2019 | East Anglian Daily Times With the comment "I've never seen a bigger ego"
        Looks like that newspaper has the same proof reader as Danny

He bought sunglasses using his holiday money and brought them home to sell on at a profit, moving into confectionery sales at his schoo in Colchewster next.
        The comment section is well buried in with all the ads I noticed. Obviously not a feature the paper likes to make easily available to its readership

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Looks like that newspaper has the same proof reader as Danny

moving into confectionery sales at his schoo in Colchewster next.
          Isn't that how they speak down there?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            To be fair, I think they're saying that's what a website does for you. Though it speaks wonders that that's what they think other businesses are after in a salesperson
            I know but no need to let a few facts get in the way of good bants.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Depressing - Check out this job spec (perm) for Web Developer

Originally posted by cyborg1337 View Post
              Snippet from the glassdoor reviews - I'm quite disgusted:
              Fake glass door review 1 is good

“I’m grateful to work there, my mates were made redundant in Covid. I’m still here because they care about their people”

“The traffic around uni can get busy, but I start and finish in less busy time periods”

Translation: “CEO” puts a positive reason , for being at your desk from 0745 to 1800, in the fake review. It’s quiet when you leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
                Fake glass door review 1 is good

“I’m grateful to work there, my mates were made redundant in Covid. I’m still here because they care about their people”

“The traffic around uni can get busy, but I start and finish in less busy time periods”

Translation: “CEO” puts a positive reason , for being at your desk from 0745 to 1800, in the fake review. It’s quiet when you leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                With the title "Grateful"

I have the feeling we have the makings of a TheRegister story here or similar
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  With the title "Grateful"

I have the feeling we have the makings of a TheRegister story here or similar
                  The guy that runs this company is clearly the sort of twat that will see this as “no publicity is bad publicity”.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    The guy that runs this company is clearly the sort of twat that will see this as “no publicity is bad publicity”.
                    Exactly. This twat doesn't even know that this site exists but get's his site listed (most members of this forum can't) and promoted all over this place thus getting his page rank lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by cyborg1337 View Post
                      Link: Web Developer - Colchester - Indeed.co.uk

The sad thing is that this is a legit company and job spec. I'm depressed after reading this!

Some of the highlights:

- We are actively looking for a top class web developer
                      - A minimum of 10 years of web development experience
                      - Expert Knowledge in WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Concrete5, Laravel, Joomla
                      - General Qualifications Needed (B+) in English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Science, IT
                      - Monday to Friday = 8am to 6pm
                      - To be at the office no later than 7.45am
                      - Work evenings and weekends if deadlines are missed. Clients cannot be let down
                      - Ensuring no cups, cutlery or plates are left in the office unwashed or in the kitchen
                      - Apply Somewhere Else If You Are, Difficult to work with, Annoying, Leave early, Messy etc...

Base salary: £25,000
                      obviously that's not a geniune job post

Comment

Working...
                      X