• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depressing - Check out this job spec (perm) for Web Developer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Don't they all look so cheery - probably suffering from chronic back ache with those chairs:

https://twitter.com/UniversalWebDes/...44465832460288
    Good spot. You should ideally have your eye line at the top of the monitor. They will be getting neck ache from looking at the top 2 screens. The “CEO” describes that as a “modern 4 monitor setup”. I am surprised how few offices research DSE or display screen equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Why not a one good 4k monitor instead of four crap 1080p ones?

Comment

This thread is hilarious. It's cheered me up no end after someone rear ended our car this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
          This thread is hilarious. It's cheered me up no end after someone rear ended our car this afternoon
          I bet admin won't find it so hilarious when he gets a ton of emails and calls from some irate Colchesterite and/or his lawyer.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm tempted to suggest their social media sites are our lockdown spring break holiday destination

Comment

Just caught up with this thread.
              If you want an even bigger laugh check this job description from them Sales - Expert - Universal Web Design
              I wish them good luck!!!!
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

I wonder if these requirements discriminate disabled people.

There are people who are capable of doing good work, but they sort of need to work around the illness and the terms in the job requirements exclude them.

Comment

When this appeared on Reddit a former employee commented that everything about the job spec is actually true and the job description has evolved over a period of time. Staff really don't stay for long as you would expect. I feel this being based in Essex they probably get a lot of Essex cowboy chancers getting in and causing them to think they need to weed them out at job advert stage.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Please do inform us of any delay in payment before your invoice becomes overdue as after this date, there is no excuse for late payment – UK Law states that businesses are able to charge 8.5% interest on all late payments, along with an admin fee (£50) as a penalty for inconveniencing the supplier. We hope this page makes paying Universal Web Design as easy as possible for you.
                    From the rates page:
                    General Website Alterations (per hour) £40
                    General Website Developments (per hour) £40
                    Urgent Website Alterations (per hour) £40
                    Urgent Website Developments (per hour) £40
                    Advanced Website Developments (per hour) £60
                    Urgent Advanced Website Developments (per hour) £100

Comment

Have lunch with Danny

£240 + £50 per month makes you a member of his other organisation Nexus and you can have a lunch with Danny

Apply To Join Lite Lunch - Nexus

Director Roles and Responsibility - Nexus

Comment

Working...
                      X