• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depressing - Check out this job spec (perm) for Web Developer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is my favourite review from glassdoor:

Pros

None. Well, the last day is pretty sweet as it means you get to walk out the door and never come back

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I bet admin won't find it so hilarious when he gets a ton of emails and calls from some irate Colchesterite and/or his lawyer.
      What for, ridiculing his job advert?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        What for, ridiculing his job advert?
        People can be very tetchy sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          £240 + £50 per month makes you a member of his other organisation Nexus and you can have a lunch with Danny

Apply To Join Lite Lunch - Nexus

Director Roles and Responsibility - Nexus
          Just having a laugh at the idea of paying for lunch with this moron and noticed his 'Networking groups' 'lockdown policy'....

"As a member of Nexus, you benefit from exclusivity. Subsequently, by joining, you can block out and lock out your competitors from being able to attend Nexus meetings and benefit from referred business which is highly regarded as one of the easiest ways to win new business."

Surely that's got to be against some Competition and Markets Authority rules?

Comment

Tempted to apply for the web developer role and upon successful application query which day of the week they would like me to work and then act all confused citing a misunderstanding on my part where I thought that they are only looking for a part time worker due to the salary listed.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
              Tempted to apply for the web developer role and upon successful application query which day of the week they would like me to work and then act all confused citing a misunderstanding on my part where I thought that they are only looking for a part time worker due to the salary listed.
              I'm tempted to make website development sales queries on behalf on contractoruk.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Who says there is a market downturn. They've got 25 positions open in their careers section.
                And they're looking for 1 person to fill them all!

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                  And they're looking for 1 person to fill them all!
                  Or they always need to keep recruiting for inevitable departures after 4 weeks.

Comment

Considering they prize grammar and spelling so highly, we must take their text as written.

Email Accounts

All email accounts come with 400mb of storage space, which is more than many leading hosting companies allocate. Leading hosting companies typically allocate between 100mb and 400mb per email account. This is to avoid resources becoming depleted. 400mb of space should be sufficient to store circa 80,000 text based emails. Emails containing images consume more space and it is recommended those files are saved then the email deleted soon after as this will increase space available within your email account. It is suggested to use websites such as WeTransfer or Mail Big File when sending large or a high volume of image files as this will not affect your email quota. It is possible to increase the quota of your email account, however, due to greater resources being allocated to your account, an additional monthly fee of £3 per 400mb is to be incurred.
                    A millibit doesn't sound like very much to my non-technical mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      With 10 years experience.

I like: apply elsewhere if you are negative.

Laravel hasn't been around that long.

Comment

Working...
                      X