• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside / Inside / Umbrella / Perm or Bye!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    There:
    And on what planet does that mean "that the client wants to issue an "inside" contract..."?

Comment

I didn't indicate that. The company has said that they will only take any temporary project resources via Umbrella post Sept.

The contract was 100% legit. The company did their due diligence in March with EY to ensure that they are on side with the law on Inside / Outside. I also did a pre-check before I signed up to anything and also did a full review of working practices. So I do not think there is any fowl play by the company. They are scared of future consequences and have decided as many to avoid the whole saga as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
        They used EY and sent me the Outside determination. So I do think risk is probably lower.
        Have never heard of clients paying for their contractors own IR35 reviews before... how independent is it? What did they tell them about working practises vs what actually happens? Whose contract did they see - won't be the one between you and an agency, if there is one?

If their determination was that good, they'd be carrying on with the spirit of it past April 2021.. and they're not.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          Have never heard of clients paying for their contractors own IR35 reviews before... how independent is it? What did they tell them about working practises vs what actually happens? Whose contract did they see - won't be the one between you and an agency, if there is one?

If their determination was that good, they'd be carrying on with the spirit of it past April 2021.. and they're not.
          They did a review of all their contractors in March with Ernst & Young. As far as they were aware the legislation was about ti change and they wanted to know where they stand.

Not necessarily. The head of the company says this is their new policy and that is their new policy. It seems like many companies have changed stance since April backwards and forwards. I expect those that decided like Deutsche Bank and others that suddenly derided that they will have contractors again after the legislation was dropped will be back to where their previous stance was come April 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            And on what planet does that mean "that the client wants to issue an "inside" contract..."?
            Where one of the options was umbrella.

Comment

Where one of the options was umbrella.
              Umbrella does not mean the contract is inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Umbrella does not mean the contract is inside.
                The client doesn't want to work on an outside basis, then what else does it mean?

Comment

The client doesn't want to work on an outside basis, then what else does it mean?
                  Are you being deliberately special?

The client does not want to engage with LtdCo contractors. That is not the same as everyone is inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Are you being deliberately special?

The client does not want to engage with LtdCo contractors. That is not the same as everyone is inside.
                    If the role is deemed inside, then that's the obvious consequence, the company will not want to engage with LtdCo.

Comment

If the role is deemed inside, then that's the obvious consequence, the company will not want to engage with LtdCo.
                      The role is not deemed inside. Not sure I can make it any clearer. They do not want to engage any Ltd Co's even if they are Outside as per their own review carried out with EY. This is even if the risk is still with the Ltd Co. and the Ltd Co has had a review and that is legit and they are happy to take on the risk. They have made a new policy as a reaction following on from what other companies are doing etc.

It is really as simple as that!

Comment

Working...
                      X