• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate Cut T***M?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate Cut T***M?

I've never had a rate cut in well over a decade (although I've had mandatory time off which I don't mind) but my agency is now saying there is one and blaming a certain T***M (large Indian company).

Now this agency is dodgy (previous non-payment problem) and have messed me around before so I'm wondering if anyone has heard of such rate cuts?

I guess the market is in the tank and this is to be expected.

Is it one of the following agencies?
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2744073

But yes rate cuts may happen even at non Indian clients. Some banks are famous for it and I had one 8 years ago at a Japanese company in the UK and had it renegotiated back up at the next extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Is it one of the following agencies?
      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2744073

But yes rate cuts may happen even at non Indian clients. Some banks are famous for it and I had one 8 years ago at a Japanese company in the UK and had it renegotiated back up at the next extension.
      Correct. Some people are very surprised how common it is when they see this list... Which is by no means complete.

http://www.egos.co.uk/contract-breakers.htm
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Your mistake is getting involved with an Indian company, frankly... they don't seem to be big on sharing the fruits of success whenever they've called me up.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Correct. Some people are very surprised how common it is when they see this list... Which is by no means complete.

http://www.egos.co.uk/contract-breakers.htm
          I was on forced leave for one of those in 2014! Quite frankly I don't mind not working but I draw the line at working for less.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Your mistake is getting involved with an Indian company, frankly... they don't seem to be big on sharing the fruits of success whenever they've called me up.
            They were cunning with a UK address and even their phone calls caller id as a London number!

Comment

Originally posted by gruntling View Post
              They were cunning with a UK address and even their phone calls caller id as a London number!
              They either come in on an 0203 number or, occasionally, it show as a local number. Sneaky sods.

It used to be so bad that I'd just reject any 0203 number without even having a conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by gruntling View Post
                I don't wish to sound untoward but the accent of the agent that calls you is often an indicator of where the parent company is based
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I don't wish to sound untoward but the accent of the agent that calls you is often an indicator of where the parent company is based
                  That really isn't a surefire way to tell. Many based in the UK still retain their accents, even a couple generations in

But yeah.. it's a bit of a quandary sometimes.

Comment

You have.

Comment

Working...
                    X