• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT news websites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT news websites

Hi All,

I'm just wondering which IT websites you use for industry news? Are there any that are more with it than others?

Cheers,

Bangbus.com seems very popular with the guys on here
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Bangbus.com seems very popular with the guys on here

NSFW Link removed... We all know the hun, no need to link to it I am sure

highly informative on the daily news.
      Last edited by administrator; 24 January 2007, 17:13. Reason: NSFW link removed

Comment

More sensibly, though not by much it has to be said, El Reg is a good one to check in on.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          More sensibly, though not by much it has to be said, El Reg is a good one to check in on.
          I've got that one and just checking out Techworld to see if it is any good.

There must be others, or are they all much of a muchness.

Comment

Originally posted by gables
            I've got that one and just checking out Techworld to see if it is any good.

There must be others, or are they all much of a muchness.
            They all recycle the same press releases as each other.

This internet thingy is quite enlightening for anybody (including me) who thinks (thought) that newspaper staff actually write the items that they print.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
              They all recycle the same press releases as each other.

This internet thingy is quite enlightening for anybody (including me) who thinks (thought) that newspaper staff actually write the items that they print.

tim
              Yeah, just putting up the press releases is a lazy approach. I was wondering if there were any sites that offered insight and analysis, or at least a view\opinion on the content of press releases.

cheers

Comment

There's Slashdot, but I've always found it unbelievable geeky and dull. The Register is what I tend to read.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                  There's Slashdot, but I've always found it unbelievable geeky and dull. The Register is what I tend to read.

Slashdot is just a willy waving forum these days. The actual articles posted can be worth reading but the comments are mostly dross.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                  X