• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your Best Rate And Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    My 1st ever pay packet was £35K a year in 1991 as a trainee programmer in hove aged 21 out of college the IT manager picked me because I knew what manic minor was

My job at college was playing poker

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Back in the 80's I sold football programmes for 2.5p per programme sold - made £5 and free entry to the ground....

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

writetyper
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          writetyper
          Ah, JSW. This could take you down a very deep rabbit warren.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

i had him more as LSL

Comment

£650 for 2.5 years in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
                £650 for 2.5 years in 2017.
                £650 for 2.5 years?

That's £260 a year, or £1.18 per working day.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  £650 for 2.5 years?

That's £260 a year, or £1.18 per working day.
                  This is not general but I will help you

650 * 252 * 2.5 * 1.2 (VAT of course) == 490K

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
                    This is not general but I will help you

650 * 252 * 2.5 * 1.2 (VAT of course) == 490K

I'm not going to bother arguing with your figures, as every they are no where near right, and not what the other poster actually wrote.

Comment

Once got offered 3000 euro to go and open a door for someone!

Everyone was offsite, working from home etc. and a secure area had to be opened for someone to view a room to make sure it was suitable for training (open door, count desks and chairs, check projector works etc.).

Site was in Eastern Poland and I was offered one day to fly out, the day of the trainers visit (open door, wait 10 minutes or so for the room evaluation to be done, then close door and go drinking) day rate was 1000 a day.

Turned it down as I was seriously knackered from putting in too much travel....

One of my Polish colleagues who was also a key holder took the job on for about the same cash.

Comment

Working...
                      X