• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has it come to this…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    maybe it's a small company so ir35 doesn't apply?
    Er, IR35 does still apply - as of next April, its just who makes the determination that differs.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Er, IR35 does still apply - as of next April, its just who makes the determination that differs.
      Small company exemption?

I'm sure I read something about that...

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Small companies are exempt. Nothing to do with who makes the determination.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          Small company exemption?

I'm sure I read something about that...
          The small company exemption means if you do contract work for a small company (as defined in the draft legislation) the burden of deciding if the contract is in or out remains with you - same as today.

It's not an exemption from IR35.

Comment

I know needs must at the moment but I think it is a very bad road to be going down. Would certainly want it guaranteed it wasn't the agent pulling a fast one and constant reviews.

Comment

Ah, do you mean, if you pop a timesheet into the client for five days, for which the agent invoices for five.

But the contractor only invoices for three. Meaning the agent gets a percentage rake off five days, And two clear days' profit?

Did I get that right? If so, agreed. BJ might need to sort that with both client and agent.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                Ah, do you mean, if you pop a timesheet into the client for five days, for which the agent invoices for five.

But the contractor only invoices for three. Meaning the agent gets a percentage rake off five days, And two clear days' profit?

Did I get that right? If so, agreed. BJ might need to sort that with both client and agent.
                Exactly.

Comment

Work 5 days but get paid for 3? They sure get creative in difficult times, these agents, dont they? It's really no different to 'what's the lowest rate you'll work for?' but just asked a different way.

Why do people put up with this bulltulip in IT? Try telling your plumber or whoever you have a job that will take 5 days for them to do but you're only going to pay them for 3 days labour, see how many takers you get and that's before you see the quality of their work!

Nah, if it was me, it is work 5 days \ hours, whatever, bill and get paid for 5 days \ hours. I'd rather sit on my bum, go permie or find another way to earn money.

Comment

Who says it's the agents thst have imposed this?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
                      Work 5 days but get paid for 3? They sure get creative in difficult times, these agents, dont they? It's really no different to 'what's the lowest rate you'll work for?' but just asked a different way.

Why do people put up with this bulltulip in IT? Try telling your plumber or whoever you have a job that will take 5 days for them to do but you're only going to pay them for 3 days labour, see how many takers you get and that's before you see the quality of their work!

Nah, if it was me, it is work 5 days \ hours, whatever, bill and get paid for 5 days \ hours. I'd rather sit on my bum, go permie or find another way to earn money.
                      Nobody has to take the work.

Comment

Working...
                      X