• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has it come to this…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has it come to this…

Just saw a role posting stating:

(Agent's Note: An important factor to accept is that, ONLY whilst remote, this assignment is billable on a 543 model; work 5 days, charge for 3. This is only temporary / whilst my client is adhering to Government policy to work from home. Does that sound ideal? Of course not, but companies large and small have implemented other cash-saving schemes across all sectors, from salary cuts, to furloughing to enforced unpaid leave. At least with this model you'll have 60% of your rate coming in for the next quarter; IF you're immediately available, it could be seen as a case of 543 versus 040.

Source:

Digital Business Analyst TDD/BDD - digital transformation - reed.co.uk

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post

(Agent's Note: An important factor to accept is that, ONLY whilst remote, this assignment is billable on a 543 model; work 5 days, charge for 3. This is only temporary / whilst my client is adhering to Government policy to work from home. Does that sound ideal? Of course not, but companies large and small have implemented other cash-saving schemes across all sectors, from salary cuts, to furloughing to enforced unpaid leave. At least with this model you'll have 60% of your rate coming in for the next quarter; IF you're immediately available, it could be seen as a case of 543 versus 040.

Source:

I'm aware of companies reducing the days required due to lack of available funding - that's a sane approach.

This isn't - I would be rejecting it for multiple, multiple reasons.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you need to, swallow your pride / ignore the pimp twuntishness and accept it as economic reality. The twuntishness will put off many people so there's less competition for the role.

Let's say rate is 450 pd as advertised, but your commuting time would have been 1.5 per day and your commuting cost 50 to 100 pw (which may or may not tax deductible), then lunch at the office, coffees etc.

Taking all this into account, 1350 pw for working at home is still a hit, but it keeps the wolf from the door. Make sure you work a strict 9 to 5 / 5:30 day and enjoy some sunshine.

Comment

To be fair when I was on the bench for 5 months I'd have snapped their hand of for this.

Yes it's absolutely pants what they are offering and blatently takes the piss but could be a life line for someone. Just hope it's a one off and not a growing trend.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post

Source:

Pay 60%; get 60% effort.

I'd also note the notice period for when something better came along.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Just think of it as a contract paying 270 a day.

Is it tulip? Yes, but I've seen worse these days.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Just think of it as a contract paying 270 a day WFH.

Is it tulip? Yes, but I've seen worse these days.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I'm aware of companies reducing the days required due to lack of available funding - that's a sane approach.

This isn't - I would be rejecting it for multiple, multiple reasons.
                You get to bill nearly six grand per month (without the VAT) for doing c 5 hours a day I'd guess. Sounds OK.

It's about 60 grand for a year that a rate snob wouldn't receive while they're sat on the bench sniggering at you working.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  You get to bill nearly six grand per month (without the VAT) for doing c 5 hours a day I'd guess. Sounds OK.

It's about 60 grand for a year that a rate snob wouldn't receive while they're sat on the bench sniggering at you working.
                  Top decile salary, WFH, landed during the worst economic crisis since 1707. Not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    To be fair when I was on the bench for 5 months I'd have snapped their hand of for this.

Yes it's absolutely pants what they are offering and blatently takes the piss but could be a life line for someone. Just hope it's a one off and not a growing trend.
                    Exactly this. I could pay my mortgage, utilities, insurances and food bills on this at a pinch, and maintain the war chest as is. And nobody know what the trajectory of this economic crisis looks like.

Comment

Working...
                    X