• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has it come to this…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a cock-eyed way of advertising it but, bottom lines being what they are...

Inside or Outside?

Comment

When the times are good and there is good demand for us we can dictate terms and ignore such opportunistic adverts and force the clients to pay market rates. But times like now, there will be many takers. That is the current state of play.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        When the times are good and there is good demand for us we can dictate terms and ignore such opportunistic adverts and force the clients to pay market rates. But times like now, there will be many takers. That is the current state of play.
        Really?

So the equivalent and opposite of what's being offered here would be something like working for 3 days and billing the client for 5 days.

And you know of clients who would accept and pay that? Because if you don't, then you really can't dictate terms when times are good.

Comment

They've shot themselves in the foot working it like this. IT makes out you're working 2 days free.
          Why didn't they just advertise it at the rate they wanted - £270 working from home. Then, if and when they wanted you onsite, offer the better rate.
          In the first instance, you'll be happy with the first rate, then, even if you like working from home, they're offering you a massive rate increase to do it.

I'l stick with wfh and working my nuts off in the public sector for £10K or so a month mind.....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
            Really?

So the equivalent and opposite of what's being offered here would be something like working for 3 days and billing the client for 5 days.

And you know of clients who would accept and pay that? Because if you don't, then you really can't dictate terms when times are good.
            Pretty much what your average contractor does: 6 months contracts fully paid when probably they've done 2-3 months worth of work and spent the rest of the time on coffee brakes. I've been in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Pretty much what your average contractor does: 6 months contracts fully paid when probably they've done 2-3 months worth of work and spent the rest of the time on coffee brakes. I've been in that position.
              I assume they're so-called because they slow down your work?

Comment

Won't this 543 or whatever clause turn the contract inside IR35? As the client is exercising significant control and what is essentially an unpaid overtime would suggest employment contract rather than b2b.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  I assume they're so-called because they slow down your work?
                  but speed up my bowel movements

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                    Won't this 543 or whatever clause turn the contract inside IR35? As the client is exercising significant control and what is essentially an unpaid overtime would suggest employment contract rather than b2b.
                    maybe it's a small company so ir35 doesn't apply?

Comment

Do five days worth of work within 3 days and everyone is happy. Given most clients' expectations, it's not terribly difficult to achieve.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X