• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSR Contract with MOD but empoyed by a company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSR Contract with MOD but empoyed by a company

xx
    Last edited by Meandmydog; 3 June 2021, 14:54.

That sounds very peculiar.

The IR35 rules for the public sector have been in force for a good few years now so I'm going to call bulls**t on your employer's excuse.

It is not difficult for them to prove you are their employee. There's all manner of payroll records, etc that they can provide if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Meandmydog View Post
      I am currently employed full time by a company. I pay all my taxes via PAYE and my NI as a full time employee. I have annual leave and all the normal rights of a full time emplyee.

I am 'rented' out to the MOD on a PSR contract. My company gets paid in effect as the contractor and give me a cut of that as my salary.

I have been on this contract since 2017 and it has been renewed annually. When it came up for renewal this year I was told it wouldn't be renewed because I would be inside IR35. Reluctantly, I was given a 6 month extension due to the COVID 19 but I am expecting it to not be renewed at the end of September.

My employer seems to be having a great deal of problems getting over to the MOD that I am not a standalone contractor, that I pay all my taxes as PAYE.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
      The MOD are the hiring organisation from hell, whether direct or via a consultancy or outsourcer, or even via one consultancy into another into another into another into another until finally end client is MOD.

Their understanding of contract and IR35 law is as bad as their systems.

The truly are clowns.

Comment

Working...
      X